Unbeta New story SGA -McDex rated G

  • mysticmcknight
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8 10:41 PM
      Note: Like all my stories on this site, nothing has been beta, this
      is a chance to share and get feedback before stories are finiazed and
      posted.

      Title: Sugar free

      Author: MYSTIC

      Email: Mysticmcknight@...

      Website: http://www.geocities.com/mysticmcknight/KimRstorylist.html

      Rating: G

      Pairings: McKay/Dex

      Category: Humor, Friendship, Pre-slash

      Season/Episode:

      Spoilers: none

      Archive: Area 52, Wraithbait

      Sugar Free

      It was a typical day in Atlantis, well one that didn't have to do
      with potential death just lingering around the corner for the city or
      one of its inhabitants. It was also typical to see Dr. Rodney McKay
      bustling his way down one of the many halls, sometimes talking a mile
      a minute over his radio or yelling at or about his minions, be they
      present in the hall or not. This time however, Ronon saw McKay doing
      something that didn't make sense as the man was heading his way; his
      mouth was moving in an odd manner but he wasn't talking, which in of
      itself was odd.

      Ronon needed to know what was different so stepped into McKay's path,
      essentially blocking his way. When Rodney stepped right, he shifted
      right. If Rodney went left, he shifted left; eventually he knew the
      human would get it.

      "What?" McKay demanded. "What do you want you over grown Pit-bull,
      I'm a busy man and you're interfering with what could mean the fate
      of the universe by your childish games!"

      "You're headed to the mess hall," Ronon said, folding his arms, an
      act of intimidation that had many folks in the city running in the
      other direction. Teyla and John may not be affected by the move, but
      McKay was, yet he would fold his own arms and lift his chin and bark
      right back at him; it was amusing.

      "Well, yes, yes, what if I am. I'm entitled to eat, something I'm
      sure you understand, you walking stomach. I'm hungry and if I don't
      get something to eat, you know my blood sugar will drop and then I'll
      fall into hypoglycemic coma…"

      "You ate breakfast," Ronon said, for it was true, he was there. If
      anyone could pack it away almost as much as he could it was McKay.

      "So! I burn a lot of calories with my genius brain, something YOU
      will never understand, so either get out of my way or tell me what
      the hell you want?" McKay demanded.

      "What were you doing with your mouth?" Ronon asked.

      "What?" McKay asked, not understanding the big oaf was asking. "What
      you mean, what was I doing with my mouth…I'm talking, that's what I'm
      doing with it. Do…you…understand…the….words…that…are…coming…out?" he
      asked very slowly at the end.

      Ronon had to suppress the urge to snicker for McKay always made him
      want to laugh, for the man could be very funny, whether he knew it or
      not. "I meant before I just stopped you. Like right now," he said,
      pointing to McKay as his jaw shifted up and down then side to side,
      and then he saw a pink substance start to exit from McKay's lips. He
      instinctively took a step back, ready to attack or evade should McKay
      has been overtaken by some alien and was attempting to use a
      biological weapon on him. Then the pink substance only got so big
      before exploding and was drawn back into McKay's mouth. "What was
      that?" Ronon demanded.

      "Wait, you've been here how long, and you've never seen anyone
      chewing gum?" McKay replied with disbelief. "Or to be more precise
      bubblegum or should I say Sugar free because though I need sugar for
      it to come in the form of gum can actually be bad for my teeth…"

      "McKay," Ronon said, wanting the man to get back on track and
      explain.

      "Oh, well. (1) Bubble gum is a type of chewing gum that is especially
      designed for blowing bubbles. It is usually pink in color and has a
      particular flavor. It was accidentally in 1928 by Walter Diemer, who
      was working in a chewing gum factory somewhere in Philadelphia…that's
      a city on earth," Rodney started to explain, but stopped at seeing
      Ronon arch his brow, indicating he didn't want to hear the history.

      "Um, well, simply put, bubblegum is made from a (2) gum base with
      some form of powdered sugar or a sugar substitute, then a form of
      corn syrup or again some type of substitute and some glycerin along
      with some citric acid, not the kind you find in death fruit like
      oranges and lemons thank God or I'd be dead by now, which is why I'm
      picky on what flavors I get. Oh, yeah, flavoring is the last
      ingredient, plus a ton of preservatives and what not, depending on
      what kind of gum you get…."

      "What are you doing with it?" Ronon asked.

      "Well, I think I made it clear, it's for chewing…" Rodney sighed in
      frustration and hunger. "It's a flavored chewing stick which I can
      make bubbles, see" he said then demonstrated. "When I'm done with it,
      I throw it away as it's not a food. Does that satisfy your
      Neanderthal brain of yours? Can I go get real food now?"

      "I want some," Ronon said, for it sounded interesting and if McKay
      liked it, it had to be good, for the man had a similar love of food
      as Ronon. Plus, if it were remotely harmful he doubt the man would be
      chewing it.

      "I ah…love to, but ah…that was um…my last piece. I'm sure I can…"
      Rodney said only to be interrupted by Ronon grabbing him by the shirt
      and pulling him forward. Before he could do more then squawk, Ronon's
      mouth was on his. He was stunned at first, then he could feel warm
      lips upon his moving firm but not hurting, then a tongue demanding
      entrance and since it felt good, Rodney decided to let it happen. It
      was over too quick for Rodney to think anymore on what it felt like
      beyond good. He stood there once he was let go and breathed, trying
      to regain his balance of just being kissed by Ronon Dex.

      After a moment he looked up to demand what Ronon was thinking only to
      see the man's jaw was moving in a way most people's do when chewing
      gum and he realized that it hadn't been so much a kiss but a
      robbery. "What the hell was that!" he demanded, feeling angry at
      being cheated out of a kiss and his gum.

      "I wanted to try it, it's good, McKay," Ronon said and smirked.

      Rodney glared, and then gave a wicked smile. "Bet you can't blow a
      bubble with it?" he challenged.

      "I could if you told me how," Ronon growled back.

      "You use your teeth and tongue to stretch the gum out over your
      tongue and then you pull back your tongue and blow into the thinned
      material until an air pocket or bubble forms. The bigger the better,"
      he added with a smirk.

      He watched as Ronon worked his jaw then teeth and tongue until he got
      the basic movements down and then made several attempts to make a
      bubble. Finally after a few false starts, he started to form one, and
      it grew and it grew and it grew…"

      "You know, it's never wise to make them too big," Rodney said
      casually, though his eyes were gleaming something wicked.

      "Why's that," Ronon mumbled, but just then the bubble burst and
      splattered all his mouth.

      Rodney laughed hard. "That's…that's why," he finally said between
      deep belly laughs as

      Ronon tried to draw the gum back into his mouth but found too much
      was sticking to his beard, and it was pulling on it. He growled at
      McKay.

      Rodney only laughed harder, "your own fault, you Yeti, you stole it
      without knowing what to do with it. Don't blame me." Seeing Ronon
      turning to stomp off, Rodney was tempted to let the man suffer, but
      he was a teammate and even if he never admitted it out loud, the kiss
      had been hot. "Wait," he called out and hurried to catch up to Ronon
      who had stopped but not turned to face him.

      "Come on, Romeo, I'll help you get the gum out of your beard without
      serious destruction being done to the city or your face," Rodney
      said, pulling on Ronon's arm, going to lead him back to Rodney's
      quarters for he had MRE's and some ice packs which would freeze the
      substance and make it easier to be removed. Of course he wasn't going
      to mention the trim Ronon's beard was going to get…not until after it
      was done and he had a fair good head start on hiding.

      "Thought you were hungry," Ronon said, annoyed and angry at what
      happened with the gum. He knew McKay had tricked him into blowing the
      gum stuff too big, but he did steal it from the man, even if the
      method had been pleasant for him.

      "I am, but I have MRE's in my quarters and what we need to get that
      stuff out. While we're there we can discuss that kiss you gave me,"
      Rodney said.

      This time Ronon gave a wicket smile, though it didn't quite have the
      same appeal with pick stuff all over his beard. "Kiss…what's a kiss?"

      THE END

      Footnotes:
      (1 http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/bubblegum.htm A
      history of Bubblegum and other fun things)
      (2 http://www.leeners.com/gumrecipe.html Ingredients on how to make
      your own gum)
    • Zonya
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9 11:58 AM
        Hi Mystic! How are you?
        --
        Saludos,
        Zonya mailto:terok.nor@...

        "When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better."
        Mae West
      • mandychiro
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9 3:56 PM
          Hi Kim,
          I loved this. You got the voices down well, especially Rodney and I
          could hear the dialogue in my head.

          I hope you are keeping well.
          Have a good Easter.
          Mandy

          -- In mysticmaddness@yahoogroups.com, "mysticmcknight"
          <mysticmcknight@...> wrote:

          > Note: Like all my stories on this site, nothing has been beta,
          this
          > is a chance to share and get feedback before stories are finiazed
          and
          > posted.
          >

          > Title: Sugar free
          >
          > Author: MYSTIC
          >
          > Email: Mysticmcknight@...
          >
          > Website:
          http://www.geocities.com/mysticmcknight/KimRstorylist.html

          > Rating: G
          >
          > Pairings: McKay/Dex

        • mysticmcknight
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9 3:57 PM
            Hey, I'm doing better after the surgery. I'm getting back to my
            writting, which makes me happie. I finished The Atlantis Stone and now
            working on other projects. Thanks for sticking around this site.

            Mystic