New/Work/Men

  • scottplumerias
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm new here. I was on the Forum last year for a while.

      I wonder if there are any guys here who read Caroline Myss's writings.

      I would be interested to hear their perspective on "doing what you
      love and the money will follow" as it has been my experience that it
      is a totally different issue for us than women.

      Thanks in advance for replying and glad to be here

      Scott
    • tyekirk
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 3, 2002
        hey there scott
        you got one brother here f'ya. I am new to the list and fairly new to
        CM. I am reading my first book (anatomy of the spirit), but I have
        heard her talks on our local radio station (Pacifica-thanks!) for
        about a year. I would like to go to the sacred contract lecture in
        san fran in october. It has helped me have a couple of break thru's
        with how I approach my father who was emotionally abusive and has
        continued to keep his quick temper and rage as I try to develop a
        healthy mature realtionship with him. With the improvements in my
        self esteem and health I have become even more interested in her
        teachings so I joined this list looking for a community of support.
        I hope things go good for you. feel free to email me back.

        tye

      • ChakraLila@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 3, 2002
          More ....

          "Have you ever seen night going? Very few people even become aware of things
          which are happening every day. Have you ever seen the evening coming? The
          midnight and its song? The sunrise and its beauty?

          We are behaving almost like blind people. In such a beautiful world we are
          living in small ponds of our own misery. It is familiar, so even if somebody
          wants to pull you out, you struggle. You don't want to be pulled out of your
          misery, of your suffering. Otherwise there is so much joy all around, you
          have just to be aware of it and to become a participant, not a spectator.

          Philosophy is speculation, Zen is participation. Participate in the night
          leaving, participate in the evening coming, participate in the stars and
          participate in the clouds; make participation your lifestyle and the whole
          existence becomes such a joy, such an ecstasy. You could not have dreamed of
          a better universe."

        • ChakraLila@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 3, 2002
            inora62@...

            > It's not a matter of listening
            > to one easy train of thought. there are many trains of thought which
            > create these black clouds at times. I don't want easy, i want
            > passionate, complicated, transformative. that's what i want, so i want
            > to swallow the black clouds. This is getting kinda sexual here:-)

            Nora dearest!

            This is a great AHA-moment...besides getting trapped in the
            "want-do-not-want"
            scenario, why not just BE sexual...Let Radha or Shakti BE...any of the roles
            to do,
            to play is insignificant!!! Just do not get trapped into the mud of the
            archetypal mind, let
            the lotus of the heart shine in all its purity...

            Om Mani Padme Hum...
            With love!

          • tye kirk
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 3, 2002
              wow this is really beautiful- and very helpful to stay in the present with
              all its beauty. participate in your life, might as well if you don't its
              just going to slip away and you don't even notice. I will keep this with me
              next sun set, sun rise, traffic jam, train ride and simpson episode.
              peace tye

              >From: ChakraLila@...
              >To: mysslist@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: CM Re: Thought of the Day
              >Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:33:17 EDT
              >
              >More ....
              >

              >"Have you ever seen night going? Very few people even become aware of
              >things
              >which are happening every day. Have you ever seen the evening coming? The
              >midnight and its song? The sunrise and its beauty?
              >
              >We are behaving almost like blind people. In such a beautiful world we are
              >living in small ponds of our own misery. It is familiar, so even if
              >somebody
              >wants to pull you out, you struggle. You don't want to be pulled out of
              >your
              >misery, of your suffering. Otherwise there is so much joy all around, you
              >have just to be aware of it and to become a participant, not a spectator.
              >
              >Philosophy is speculation, Zen is participation. Participate in the night
              >leaving, participate in the evening coming, participate in the stars and
              >participate in the clouds; make participation your lifestyle and the whole
              >existence becomes such a joy, such an ecstasy. You could not have dreamed
              >of
              >a better universe."

              >visit the eGroups Web site at http://www.egroups.com/group/mysslist/

            • inora62
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 3, 2002
                You are such a wonderful poet!

                --
              • ChakraLila@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 4, 2002
                  <A HREF="http://www.physics.hku.hk/~tboyce/image_gifs/galatea.jpg">http://www.physics.hku.hk/~tboyce/image_gifs/galatea.jpg</A>

                  [Galatea of the Spheres, 1952 -- Dali, Salvador]

                  The new world that is dawning is merely man’s awakening to reality --

                  the sloughing off of the old shell and the emerging of new life. Just as the
                  little seed planted in the earth slips off its sheath and emerges into
                  flower,

                  so the soul casts off the outer garment of material things and comes into
                  being.

                  Just as the flower gives out its perfume and beauty to mingle with all the
                  beauty of the world, so the beauty created by the human being joins all the
                  other beauty of the world.

                  No beauty can be born except that conceived in truth. Those who take a
                  pessimistic attitude towards conditions today are not using their inner
                  vision to see the cosmic trend. In the grand spiral movement, we are now
                  going through the process of involving, moving from the outside in.

                  In this moving, worn out conventions are thrown off like an old garment

                  and only the essential is kept.

                  -- Mary Crovatt Hambidge --

                • inora62
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 4, 2002
                    What an amazing painting to go with this piece of writing.It's really
                    beautiful and I wnat to look at it for a long time.

                    I keep having these strong feelings of connection lately, finally
                    starting to
                    genuinely feel individuality being only a shell, but also so much
                    poignant love for those who hang on to it for dear life and the quirks
                    and wonderful characteristics it gives them.
                    I feel it so much more in my classes and at dinner last night with
                    two very different friends that I had introduced togheter. My
                    boyfriend the skeptical satirist and my best friend the sincere, kind
                    of macho-- healer/ astrologer who believes in the possibility of
                    insights so fervantly which made him a toy to poke fun at for my
                    daughter and boyfriend but in a loving way.
                    Lots of egos in the room. I am glad I was cooking and therefore
                    avoided trying to protect anyone. Lordy Loudy what an evening. I'm not
                    so sure what to think. Isn't it hard when you have your boyfriend and
                    best male friend meet for the first time? It makes lots of electricity
                    and i got to watch men in action and how competition fires things in a
                    good way sometimes. It was kind of fun to see this. I felt special.

                    Where are you anyway! What are you doing these days. What sort of
                    days are you having? What do you do on an average day hour by hour. WHo
                    are your friends and are you married? Do you have children?

                    Love to you!

                    --- In mysslist@y..., ChakraLila@a... wrote:
                    > <A HREF="http://www.physics.hku.hk/~tboyce/image_gifs/galatea.jpg">http:/=
                    /www.physics.hku.hk/~tboyce/image_gifs/galatea.jpg</A>

                    > [Galatea of the Spheres, 1952 -- Dali, Salvador]
                    >

                    > The new world that is dawning is merely man’s awakening to reality --
                    >
                    > the sloughing off of the old shell and the emerging of new life. Just as =
                    the
                    > little seed planted in the earth slips off its sheath and emerges into
                    > flower,
                    >
                    > so the soul casts off the outer garment of material things and comes into=

                    > being.
                    >

                    > Just as the flower gives out its perfume and beauty to mingle with all th=
                    > beauty of the world, so the beauty created by the human being joins all t=
                    he
                    > other beauty of the world.
                    >
                    > No beauty can be born except that conceived in truth. Those who take a
                    > pessimistic attitude towards conditions today are not using their inner
                    > vision to see the cosmic trend. In the grand spiral movement, we are now =

                    > going through the process of involving, moving from the outside in.
                    >

                    > In this moving, worn out conventions are thrown off like an old garment
                    >
                    > and only the essential is kept.
                    >

                    > -- Mary Crovatt Hambidge --

                  • diane little
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 4, 2002
                      Tye said: and simpson episode

                      Thanks tye for keeping things in perspective!

                    • AJWOLF19@AOL.COM
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 4, 2002
                        <PRE>Please remove me from the list. My e-mail is AJWolf19@...
                      • beachgremlin
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 7, 2002
                          Hi, Brinda,
                          Oh, yes, this is so true for me! When I first moved here, I noticed
                          the beauty every day and said my thanks. Now, I just drive where I'm
                          going and grumble about the tourists and snowbirds and miss the
                          beauty! Thanks for reminding me. I need to go back to the beach and
                          remind myself of how incredibly lucky I am to be living in this
                          paradise!
                          Thank you.
                          Blessings,
                          Gremlin Dianne

                        • ChakraLila@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 9, 2002
                            Dianne dearest...

                            ...and I willingly join you for the midnight dip....in the nakedness of the
                            hour!!!! :-) :-)

                            Here is another one...enjoy! And congrats for your new job!

                            Slow Me Down, Lord

                            Slow me down, Lord.
                            Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind. Steady my pace with
                            a vision of the eternal reach of time. Give me, amidst the confusion of my
                            day, the calmness of the everlasting hills.
                            Break the tensions of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music of the
                            singing streams that live in my memory.
                            Help me to know the magic restoring power of sleep.
                            Teach me the art of making minute vacations... of slowing down to look at a
                            flower; to chat with a friend; to pat a dog; to read a few lines from a good
                            book.
                            Remind me each day of the fable of the hare and the tortoise - that the race
                            is not always to the swift; that there is more to life than increasing its
                            speed.
                            Let me look upward into the branches of the towering oak and know that it
                            grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well.
                            Slow me down, Lord, and inspire me to send my roots deep into the soil of
                            life's enduring values that I may grow toward the stars of my greater
                            destiny.
                            Amen.

                          • beachgremlin
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 10, 2002
                              Hi, Brinda,
                              This may be the night for that midnight dip, nakedness and all!
                              teehee
                              On a more serious note, thank you for this. One of my present
                              challenges is patience and slowing down. I have asked to Be One with
                              The Divine Flow of Energy, and my heart knows that is a steady,
                              smooth flowing current, but my mind and body want to go so fast!
                              NOW!
                              Thank you for sending just exactly what I needed.
                              Blessings,
                              Gremlin Dianne