Re: CM Re: An old question

  • FireSpirit
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 30, 2000
      ....[Black Dragon writes].....

      > I like muscle-checking because it cuts right past the
      > mind and directly to body and Spirit.

      Very interesting! Would you tell us more? I've been having a private
      conversation with someone lately about this sort of thing... in an
      indirect way. We've been talking about
      "carrying the burden of a false identity" and the effect that would
      have on the body.

      Any ideas?

      --fs
      -
      -
    • Stickdragn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 30, 2000
        In a message dated 6/30/00 12:16:42 PM, ladyb@... writes:

        << Very interesting! Would you tell us more? I've been having a private
        conversation with someone lately about this sort of thing... in an
        indirect way. We've been talking about
        "carrying the burden of a false identity" and the effect that would
        have on the body.

        Any ideas?

        Erik Erikson, in his work on personality development throughout a lifetime,
        talks about inner and outer "masks," which I read to correspond to
        interfaces. Paolo Ferruci would call them sub-personalities. (The ego IS an
        interface with the world--think about it.) Masks are the personality-types we
        try on and take off, varying from situation to situation. Many masks are
        developed to cope with a specific situation--the trick is, to remain felxible
        and open to experience, rather than always filtering life through one or more
        masks.

        We all know people who always have a filter through which they see life: a
        chip on the shoulder about X that makes them over-react whenever the
        situation comes up. The filter is applied indiscrimately, and across the
        board, and the user reads-in intent behind actions that push his buttons,
        even if that intent was not there. Sounds a lot like CM's definition of
        woundology, don't it?

        (I just got called "racist" the other day by a young Asian-American poet,
        when I wanted to talk about his poems rather than his particular experience
        of racism. So, because I don't want to engage in HIS rhetoric on HIS terms,
        I'm automatically "racist." Sound like a hot-button issue to anyone else?
        Lemme know. The irony is, of course, he's half my age, and I spent my
        childhood in Asia--so I've actaully spent MORE time living overseas than he
        has. Oh well. He's got some real talent--and this seems to be a woundology
        he's carrying around. It's too bad, because he's alienated some potential
        allies. Just for the record: I mention this event as an example of filters,
        not because I want to get into it on racism, which I readily acknowledge is a
        major problem we have as a culture.)

        So, that's a mask, or a filter, or a sub-personality, or in CM's terms an old
        belief. (I also call them "old tapes," which continue to play long after
        they've been recorded.)

        Not all masks or filters are "negative" or harmful--just those that serve no
        useful purpose, Now. When they linger on past their usefulness, or we refuse
        to let them go--that edges over into woundology.

        Now, back to the orgiinal question: "Carrying the burden of a false identity"
        to me implies cognitive dissonance, denial, and repression of some part or
        parts of the self in favor of maintaining a Mask. If one is living through an
        inauthentic mask--one that does not represent the person, and that is even
        opposed to the person's growth and well-being--then there is disharmony, and
        cognitive dissonance.

        These masks (filters, etc.) usually start out as defense mechanisms: healthy
        we continue to invest our power in them--literally, "living in the past"--that
        they become a serious problem, and in CM's anatomy of the spirit, can be
        come literally life-threatening. When does it cross the line into woundology,
        and actually start affecting our cell tissue?

        Bottom line, we are meant to learn to live authentically: to find out who we
        are, and what our lessons and purposes are here in Earthschool, and then to
        live our lives (to the best of our ability) in alignment with those. Can we
        know ALL of the Self we are? No, not while still in Earthschool. Can we know
        MORE of it every day? Yes, absolutely: isn't that the same thing as striving
        to live consciously?

        To bring it back to muscle-checking: This technique, which comes from the
        kinesiology systems, including most of the descendants of Touch For Health,
        is extremely simple to use, and very reliable in its results. It's a very
        useful way of asking the body (and/or all other parts, selves,
        sub-personalities, etc.) direct, clearly-stated yes/no questions, and cuting
        past all the mind-drama, second-guessing, and doubting that our wonderful
        egos (interfaces) are so good at generating. :)

        I use muscle-checking mostly when I'm asking the body directly for something,
        like: "Is this flower remedy useful to take at this time?" I also use it when
        my mind-drama is up, and I'm stuck in doubts or second-guessing, or whatever.
        I've learned that at this time, it's best to make a decision, ANY decision,
        even if it's the "wrong" one (which it never is--not if we choose to learn
        from *everything* that we encounter), just to get moving.

        When you're stuck, the best thing to do is to get moving--in whatever
        direction, it doesn't matter. Spirit is dynamic, fluid and active. As the
        saying goes, "God is a VERB." If you discover you're moving in a direction
        that's not the best one to go in, you'll quickly notice that, and change
        direction. But it's best to get moving--and NOT stay in a stuck place.

        Well, anyway, that's this Dragon's experience. :) Cheers,

        --Black Dragon
      • saainca@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 30, 2000
          Gotta share on this one...Peace,
          As you may or may not remember, I was having difficulty with my own
          relationship with my husband. As I discussed my issues with my chosen
          professional spiritual advisor, I related to her that I simply did not feel
          free, safe, or "alive" most of the time I am with him. She asked me to
          invoke my Higher self and speak from that aspect. I immediately said,"I
          should leave him."

          My coach told me, "That is not your Higher Self, that is your sabateur." Try
          again.

          I tried again and the Higher self said...Just love him with no expectations.
          Love changes everything.

          I know it isnt the easy route, but he is a good man...willing to grow with
          me. And my lesson is to learn to be "free, loving, loved, safe, and alive
          no matter who I am with in my life. Is he the perfect teacher? Yes. I am
          grateful for learning this now.

          Hope this might help in some way!

          love,
          Sharon
        • purityint1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 30, 2000
            In a message dated 06/30/2000 6:08:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            saainca@... writes:

            << I tried again and the Higher self said...Just love him with no
            expectations.
            Love changes everything.

            I know it isnt the easy route, but he is a good man...willing to grow with
            me. And my lesson is to learn to be "free, loving, loved, safe, and alive
            no matter who I am with in my life. Is he the perfect teacher? Yes. I am
            grateful for learning this now.

            Hope this might help in some way!

            love,
            Sharon

            Good Coach Sharon yes the lesson is no one will make you happy but you and
            the more you do not like yourself the less capable you are of loving another:)
          • natya e
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 1, 2000
              Hi Dragon,

              > (I just got called "racist" the other day by a young Asian-American poet,
              > when I wanted to talk about his poems rather than his particular
              experience
              > of racism. So, because I don't want to engage in HIS rhetoric on HIS
              terms,
              > I'm automatically "racist." Sound like a hot-button issue to anyone else?
              > Lemme know.
              Yes it sounds like it is a hot issue,but he isnt seeing things from the same
              place as you,he just doesnt know yet that he has a choice to live in that,
              or to rise above it.So it wasnt about you it was about his need to be
              validated for the feelings he has at the moment,i suppose he may one day
              come across the knowledge that he can change the way he feels ,maybe
              not.People all express differently,all on different paths,maybe he feels
              that his experiences shaped his poetry,maybe he wanted to express that
              somehow....
              Or maybe he just felt your love,and wanted to share with you his
              perspective,you can listen without agreeing or feeling upset about the
              woundology..
              When people are in racist situations,they are quite often part of a
              minority,that feels like it cant be heard and accepted....So i suppose
              people with a racist chip see this....not being heard,validated,accepted...
              so i suppose that behavior would manifest in the individuals who feel at the
              whim of that energy...
              Lots of love nat

            • inspirationcoach@aol.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 1, 2000
                Sharon -
                your response touched a place in my heart ... i have had a similar
                experience with my feelings about my relationship with my husband (of 16
                years) and with the guidance i received from my spiritual coach and my inner
                coach.... i am also experiencing how 'love changes everything" ...
                "acceptance with no expectations" with other relationships in my life .......
                it is a powerful experience .... and one that I, too, am grateful to be
                learning.

                Jennifer

                In a message dated 6/30/00 5:08:48 PM Central Daylight Time, saainca@...

                << Subj: Re: CM Re: An old question
                Date: 6/30/00 5:08:48 PM Central Daylight Time
                From: saainca@...
                To: mysslist@egroups.com

                visit the eGroups Web site at http://www.egroups.com/group/mysslist/

              • healinghappens@aol.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 5, 2000
                  Dear Trisha:

                  Thank you for your kind and loving response. I very much appreciate the care
                  of on for another, as you have demonstrated in this letter.

                  Peace

                  In a message dated 6/30/00 10:25:37 AM, pmarules@... writes:

                  << Just a thought, but maybe some first chakra grounding work would help
                  you find some stability to work from in this matter. I've found the work
                  in "The Sevenfold Journey" by Anodea Judith and Selene Vega helpful, but
                  I'm sure others here could lead you to other sources if the idea of
                  specific chakra work appeals to you. You may want to throw in some
                  fifth chakra work to help with communicating your decision once you've
                  made it.

                  Peace, Love and Power,

                  Tricia

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 8, 2000
                    In a message dated 6/30/00 5:08:49 PM EST, saainca@... writes:

                    << Hope this might help in some way!

                    Yes, it does. I have kind of come to the same state of thinking. I feel I
                    cannot really help but love him, so now we will see what the Universe thinks.

                    Thank You
                    Theresa

                    PS Dragoon: I always feel like I am manipulating when I use muscle testing,
                    even when praying for authenticity before starting the testing. I can almost
                    feel my grip fingers change when I change the question from a yes to a no
                    question and I can't tell if it is my body or "ME"??? I have read a great
                    deal on this type of kinesiology testing. Any suggestions for cutting
                    through mind drama would be greatly appreciated, Dear Wise One :)

                    Thank you
                    Theresa