Tap, Tap, Tap

  • Bob Mueller
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2008
      Anyone still around MyRoots?

      What's going on with the software? Any news on new releases coming up? 4.05
      seems to be the most recent release.

      For that matter, is anyone still using a Palm-OS platform?

      --
      Bob Mueller
      http://bob.ravensbeak.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 22, 2008
        --- In myroots@yahoogroups.com, Bob Mueller <cmhbob@...> wrote:

        > Anyone still around MyRoots?
        >
        > What's going on with the software? Any news on new releases coming
        up? 4.05
        > seems to be the most recent release.
        >
        > For that matter, is anyone still using a Palm-OS platform?
        >
        > --
        > Bob Mueller
        > http://bob.ravensbeak.com
        >I still use my roote but I have not heard from anyone from that site,
        maybe they quit making roots?
      • Tom Ward
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 23, 2008
          --- In myroots@yahoogroups.com, Bob Mueller <cmhbob@...> wrote:

          > Anyone still around MyRoots?
          >
          > What's going on with the software? Any news on new releases coming
          up? 4.05
          > seems to be the most recent release.
          >
          > For that matter, is anyone still using a Palm-OS platform?
          >
          > --
          > Bob Mueller
          > http://bob.ravensbeak.com

          We are still around :-) No upcoming release any time soon, but we are
          still supporting version 4.05. Palm is expected to release new devices
          during January, so we'll see what they've come up with!

          Tom Ward
        • CASSANDRA MITCHELL
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 23, 2008
            I am still here although have not used my roots for years. Went from Palm to Blackberry.

            To: myroots@yahoogroups.comFrom: support@...: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:46:11 +0000Subject: [My Roots Forum] Re: Tap, Tap, Tap

            --- In myroots@yahoogroups.com, Bob Mueller <cmhbob@...> wrote:>> Anyone still around MyRoots?> > What's going on with the software? Any news on new releases coming up? 4.05 > seems to be the most recent release.> > For that matter, is anyone still using a Palm-OS platform?> > -- > Bob Mueller> http://bob.ravensbeak.com>We are still around :-) No upcoming release any time soon, but we are still supporting version 4.05. Palm is expected to release new devices during January, so we'll see what they've come up with!Tom Ward

          • yvonne james
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 23, 2008
              I'm here and still love having my genealogy file on my Palm. It's so incredibly handy.
              Happy Holidays to all!
              Yvonne

              EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me

              To: myroots@yahoogroups.comFrom: support@...: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:46:11 +0000Subject: [My Roots Forum] Re: Tap, Tap, Tap

              --- In myroots@yahoogroups.com, Bob Mueller <cmhbob@...> wrote:>> Anyone still around MyRoots?> > What's going on with the software? Any news on new releases coming up? 4.05 > seems to be the most recent release.> > For that matter, is anyone still using a Palm-OS platform?> > -- > Bob Mueller> http://bob.ravensbeak.com>We are still around :-) No upcoming release any time soon, but we are still supporting version 4.05. Palm is expected to release new devices during January, so we'll see what they've come up with!Tom Ward

            • John Madson
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 23, 2008
                I have MyRoots version 4.01 installed on my Palm Tungsten E2 operating Palm OS Garnet. v.5.4.7. It came over when I did my 1st hotsync upon replacing my Palm Zaire 71 about 6 months ago. It appears to work as it did on the Zaire but I have not done much with it as I haven't allocated much of my time to genealogy. I have added a few records for grandchildren arriving but haven't added any significant amount of data in the last 2 years. However, I can access the data I have associated with 150 people already on the data base with no problems noted.

                I hope to get back to doing some research and using MyRoots to document it, but I don't know when, as I'm still working and probably will be for the next 4 years.

                John
                John Madson
                General Utilities
                516 369-3004

              • Char
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 16, 2009
                  When making research trips, I quit having to drag along my portable
                  computor when I began using My Roots on my Palm TX. I have no problem
                  at all converting the files back and forth between My Roots and
                  Family Tree Maker. It's really handy when you run into some
                  unexpected information. I've used it many times when we visit family
                  members and cemeteries to add in new data or correct an item.