Downloading GED file

  • Donald Mowbray
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2000
      I am having a problem downloading a converted GED file into my
      Handspring Visor. The GED file was created from Family Origins 8.0
      and converts OK into a 97kb MyRootM.PDB file.The Hot Sync says it
      will sync on the next session, but then comes up with a "0" size
      file. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    • Jim Peeler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2000
        Are you sure there is data in your GEDCOM file?

        Jim

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2000
          -Yes, I thought of that. The file is 242kb before conversion, and I
          checked the data in the file using Wordpad. Any other ideas?

          -- In myroots@egroups.com, "Jim Peeler" <jamespeeler@e...> wrote:
          > Are you sure there is data in your GEDCOM file?
          >
          > Jim

          Click here:
        • Bob Leahy
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2000
            At 02:36 PM 07/02/2000 -0000, you wrote:
            >I am having a problem downloading a converted GED file into my
            >Handspring Visor. The GED file was created from Family Origins 8.0
            >and converts OK into a 97kb MyRootM.PDB file.The Hot Sync says it
            >will sync on the next session, but then comes up with a "0" size
            >file. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

            Are you telling MR to load the new data? First, create the place for the
            new file in MR (click the NEW button, and name the file). Then, open the
            new file (click on its name -- it's empty, at present), and click on the
            pull-down menu icon (lower left of screen). Click on Import Data.

            Cheers,

            Bob
            leahy@...
            Easton, Maryland
          • Donald Mowbray
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000
              Thanks Bob, you solved my problem. I was not importing the data into
              MR after I had loaded the data into my PDA. It is working fine now.
              Thanks,

              Don Mowbray
              Gaithersburg, MD