New user questions/comments

  • Bill and Payton Stone
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2004
      I just downloaded My Roots and I like what I have seen so far. But I
      do have a few comments and/or questions:

      1- Can you copy a file/database on the pda? ie not on the pc.

      2- Can you export a partial list of people in a database?

      3- Sources are not in the current version. Are there any plans to add
      sources/citations?

      4- Can you add new Fact type, similar to Event types?

      5- can you set all the people in a Filter to a category?

      6-If caregories exist, this data is added to beginning of the name
      notes field during a gedcom export. Is there any way to force a line
      break/carriage return, so that the actual notes in the field start on
      a new line?

      Thanks
    • Thomas Ward
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
        > I just downloaded My Roots and I like what I have seen so far. But I
        > do have a few comments and/or questions:
        >
        > 1- Can you copy a file/database on the pda? ie not on the pc.

        No, but you could import from the same GED file twice, using two different
        database names.

        Or, if you have an expansion card, you could:

        1. Move a database to the expansion card
        2. Rename the database
        3. Move the renamed database back to main memory

        Sort of a roundabout way to go, but the net result would be two copies of
        the same database.

        > 2- Can you export a partial list of people in a database?

        No.

        > 3- Sources are not in the current version. Are there any plans to add
        > sources/citations?

        This is one of the enhancements we're looking at for the next version.

        > 4- Can you add new Fact type, similar to Event types?

        No.

        > 5- can you set all the people in a Filter to a category?

        No. But you can set all the people with a given surname to a category. See
        the users manual (manual.html) for details.

        > 6-If caregories exist, this data is added to beginning of the name
        > notes field during a gedcom export. Is there any way to force a line
        > break/carriage return, so that the actual notes in the field start on
        > a new line?

        Not in the current version, but this will probably be remedied in the next
        version.

        Tom Ward
        support@...
        http://www.tapperware.com