1024 character limitation in notes?

  • Brian Keith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2003
      I recently purchased My Roots and imported a GED file that contains a large
      character count in notes.

      The original version of this GED 5.5 file was a Macintosh PAF 2.3.1 file that I
      then imported into PC PAF 5.1.12.0, which I then exported to a GED 5.5 file.

      When I convert this GED 5.5 file to My Roots format with the My Roots converter,
      I noticed that there appears to be a 1024 character limitation on the length of
      notes in the My Roots Palm file (only the first 1024 characters of all notes for
      an individual are shown in the Palm file--that is, the converter only converted
      the first 1024 characters of the notes for an individual in the original 5.5 GED
      file).

      Is there a way to increase this limitation in My Roots? Is there a way to get
      all my original notes into My Roots on my Palm? Is this limitation a Palm
      limitation?

      Brian C. Keith
      Los Angeles, CA