FTW or GFT?

  • Trey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2002
      I just got myroots, and am very excited at the prospect of being
      able to collect data on my palm at family reunions and such. I
      understand there are some translation issues when you convert data
      from a geneology program into a gedcom, import to your palm, and
      then export back, so I wanted to ask for your advice - I have both
      Family Tree Maker by Broderbund and Generations Family Tree by
      Sierra. Which is better for working with myroots? Would it be
      better to use one fo the free applications, like PAF or the one at
      ancestry.com? Do you guys find that you use what is in myroots as
      your main work area to avoid translation issues?

      Thanks in advance-
      -Trey