problems with MRConvert?

  • easiebold
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 4:37 PM
      I've just redownloaded My Roots v.2.01 (hard drive problem, etc.) and
      installed it on my new (to me) Palm m505.

      I've also redownloaded the MRConvert program (v.2.01).

      Now that all seems in place, I've made a .ged file (17,500+) records
      (from Family Origins v.7), and then ran the MRConvert to import.

      I keep getting the error "An unexpected error was encountered during
      the import process. Import cancelled. Please see the file: C:\My
      Documents\Family Origins Data\SIEBOLDPALM.txt for more information."

      Unfortunately the text file is empty.

      I've tried different sized .ged files (although 17,500+ is the
      smallest) and always get the same problem.

      Any ideas out there?

      Thanks,

      Allen