Number of individuals in a Gedcom

  • g_roelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2001
      Hi the list, hi Tom.

      I've got a Palm 505 with 8 MB of memory. I'm running on it MyRoots 1.7
      on my PC under Windows I run the My Roots Conversion utility 1.71

      I've got two databases :
      one contains my personnal data that's to say it has my ancestors and
      the first ring of side family. It just get over 10000 people last
      week...
      the other contains the genealogical datas of huguenots in Picardy
      region - France and is over 15000 people now.

      When I first tried MyRoots it was with my personal data and the
      conversion Utility worked OK. I worked OK during monthes and now that
      it is over 10000 people and I get an error from the conversion
      utility and the .txt file of the error is empty. OK I can split my
      file in two with my father's side and mother's side and go on.
      But with the huguenots file i cannot split it as it's a lot of
      families all married together.

      Therefore I would like the limit of 10000 people to be removed if
      possible (over 20000 would be great). I suppose it was there to limit
      the attempts to transfer big databases on 2MB handhelds....

      Sincerely

      Guillaume Roelly
      http://www.roelly.org/
    • tapperware
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2001
        > Therefore I would like the limit of 10000 people to be removed if
        > possible (over 20000 would be great). I suppose it was there to
        > limit the attempts to transfer big databases on 2MB handhelds....

        No, there are many reasons for having this limit, and unfortunately,
        it will not get increased any time soon.

        Tom Ward
        support@...