My Roots vs. GedStar and GedVisor

  • Alan Furchtenicht
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2001
      I'm using the demo versions of GedStar, GedVisor and My Roots on my
      Handspring Visor Deluxe and have been very disappointed with them so far. I
      have My Roots installed, but there's nothing in the database, even though I
      thought it can use the same gedcom file as the other two. Does it make a
      difference that I have over 8,000 people in my database?

      Thanks
    • Tom Ward
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2001
        --- In myroots@y..., Alan Furchtenicht <aefurcht@f...> wrote:
        > I'm using the demo versions of GedStar, GedVisor and My Roots on my
        > Handspring Visor Deluxe and have been very disappointed with them
        > so far. I have My Roots installed, but there's nothing in the
        > database, even though I thought it can use the same gedcom file as
        > the other two.

        My Roots can import from any GED file, but of course there won´t be
        any data in My Roots until you do the import of the data. See the
        users manual (manual.html) for details on how to import from a GED
        file into My Roots using the conversion utility.

        > Does it make a difference that I have over 8,000 people in my
        > database?

        My Roots will handle 8000 people, though it will be somewhat slow
        with that many.

        Tom Ward
        Tapperware