Unable to download new version

  • maryhitt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2001
      I received a message from PalmGear.com to download the new version.
      The message contained a password and userID. The message cautioned
      that the password and userID were case-sensative. I went to the
      download page at PalmGear.com and very carefully and correctly
      inserted the userID and password (in the proper case-sensitive form)
      that were given in the e-mail. I get a message that says: "Download
      not found." Could they have sent out an incorrect password or
      userID? Any suggestions on how to find this new version would be
      appreciated. Thank you.
    • Bryan Logan
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2001
        At 07:09 PM 3/6/01 +0000, maryhitt@... wrote:

        >I received a message from PalmGear.com to download the new version.
        >The message contained a password and userID. The message cautioned
        >that the password and userID were case-sensative. I went to the
        >download page at PalmGear.com and very carefully and correctly
        >inserted the userID and password (in the proper case-sensitive form)
        >that were given in the e-mail. I get a message that says: "Download
        >not found." Could they have sent out an incorrect password or
        >userID? Any suggestions on how to find this new version would be
        >appreciated. Thank you.

        I had no trouble getting the new version, however, fearing that I would
        make a typo or something, I didn't bother with typing in the User and
        Password info -- I just cut and pasted them from the email message into the
        text entry boxes on the download page and everything worked fine.

        Hope this helps,

        Bryan Logan
        ****************************
        * bvlogan@... *
        ****************************
      • David Stovall
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2001
          I mentioned this to Tom Ward earlier and learned about the incorrect
          password and was able to download version 1.62 with a minor correction last
          week. When Palmgear sent out the new notice I noted they were still sending
          out a wrong password so I tried it to confirm, failed, and then notified
          Palmgear by email. They sent the file to me via attached email. Then later I
          got the corrected password notice. Hope all is well with everyone by now.
        • Ariel Alampay
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7, 2001
            At 08:29 PM 3/7/01 -0600, you wrote:

            >I mentioned this to Tom Ward earlier and learned about the incorrect
            >password and was able to download version 1.62 with a minor correction last
            >week. When Palmgear sent out the new notice I noted they were still sending
            >out a wrong password so I tried it to confirm, failed, and then notified
            >Palmgear by email. They sent the file to me via attached email. Then later I
            >got the corrected password notice. Hope all is well with everyone by now.

            I'm a registered MyRoots user. How come I don't recall receiving any update
            notices from Handango?

            ariel
          • Tom Ward
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 8, 2001
              Ariel,

              > I'm a registered MyRoots user. How come I don't recall receiving
              > any update notices from Handango?

              PalmGear makes this process easy for a developer. I email them the
              text, and they mail it out to all registered users. Unfortunately,
              Handango doesn't provide that service. I have suggested to them in
              the past that this is an important issue, but so far, nothing's
              changed. People who buy from Handango just need to check back there
              once in a while.

              Tom Ward
              Tapperware
            • Ariel Alampay
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 8, 2001

                >PalmGear makes this process easy for a developer. I email them the
                >text, and they mail it out to all registered users. Unfortunately,
                >Handango doesn't provide that service. I have suggested to them in
                >the past that this is an important issue, but so far, nothing's
                >changed. People who buy from Handango just need to check back there
                >once in a while.
                >
                >Tom Ward
                >Tapperware

                Hello Tom,

                I got the full version (no registration code/key required). Where in
                the Handango website can I download the update?

                Ariel
              • Tom Ward
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 10, 2001
                  Ariel,

                  > I got the full version (no registration code/key required). Where
                  > in the Handango website can I download the update?

                  When you purchased from Handango, they gave you a web address from
                  which to download. Just use that same address. If you've lost that
                  information, you'll have to ask Handango to resend it.

                  Tom Ward
                  Tapperware