My ICT Activities For The Month Of September 2011

  • linuxmalaysia
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      My ICT Activities For The Month Of September 2011

      Join me LinuxMalaysia for this ICT events for the month of September 2011.

      1) OWASP Day Kuala Lumpur 2011

      https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Day_KL_2011

      OWASP Malaysia will host OWASP Day KL 2011 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from Sep. 20 to Sep. 21, 2011 and colloborate with UniKL-MIIT & OSDCMY. The events will gather OWASP leaders, security experts, executives, technical thought leaders, developers, scientists and researchers from Malaysia and around the world for in-depth discussions of cutting-edge application security issues.

      The summit will draw participation from major Malaysia and global organizations across various verticals including government, information technology, services and consulting, telecommunications, finance, e-commerce, Internet, universities and research institutes. About 200 people are expected to attend the events. exhibition and lunch will be held at the summit, providing sufficient networking opportunities.

      2) Information Security and Assurance Seminar (IS@S '11)

      http://isasusim2011.blogspot.com/

      Information Security & Assurance Seminar (ISAS) 2011 from Sep. 24 2011 to Sep. 25 2011 and organized by students of Bachelor of Computer Science (Information Security & Assurance), Faculty of Science & Technology, University Sains Islam Malaysia.

      Schedule

      http://isasusim2011.blogspot.com/2011/06/schedule.html

      Knowledge is power. Join this events to upgrade your knowledge in Linux and Open Source Security tools.

      3) FAD:KualaLumpur 2011

      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD:KualaLumpur_2011

      The Fedora Activity Day (FAD) is a regional event (either one-day or a multi-day) that allows Fedora contributors to gather together in order to work on specific tasks related to the Fedora Project.

      * Venue: UCTI/APIIT Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
      * Date: 10th September 2011
      * Time: 9am-5pm
      * Facebook RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=152923404776693

      The Fedora Project is a partnership of free software community members from around the globe. The Fedora Project builds open source software communities and produces a Linux distribution called "Fedora."

      4) SE Asia Google DevFests 2011

      http://code.google.com/events/devfests/2011/seasia.html#kualalumpur

      Venue details and agenda coming soon.

      DevFest events are a great opportunity to learn more about Google technologies and developer products. The events also give you a chance to meet developer advocates and engineers who work on those products and ask them any questions you might have. Best of all, DevFest events are free to developers worldwide! Seats at the events are limited, however, so register early.

      5) Software Freedom Day

      http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2011/Malaysia/Kuala%20Lumpur/OSDCMY

      Date : Wednesday, 21 Sept 2011
      Venue : Universiti Kuala Lumpur www.unikl.edu.my

      The idea of SFD is for everyone without a vested interest in proprietary software to unite and educate the world about the ideals of Software Freedom and the practical benefits of Free Software.

      6) Hackerspace KL

      http://www.hackerspace.my/

      HackerspaceKL is a community-oriented hackerspace where people make creative things with technology. It will be a place for hackers, coders, geeks, makers, nerds, artists, students, and everyone from all walks of life to hang out and meet each other, work on projects and meet people with similar interest, conduct lectures, workshops, and tutorials, and share knowledge and resources such as electronic equipments, computer devices, and other gadgets.

      Latest update visit

      Malaysia Open Source Community (MOSC.my) Facebook

      http://www.facebook.com/Malaysia.Open.Source.Community

      Malaysia Open Source Community (MOSC.my) Twitter

      http://twitter.com/#!/mosc_my

      MOSC.my Planet

      http://planet-oss-malaysia.blogspot.com/

      Compile by