MyOSS Meetup September 2006

  • Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      Happy Merdeka everyone!

      In order to cope with the growing interest in the MyOSS Meetups, we will
      be moving once again (yes I apologize) to a bigger location. Our new
      host is Open University Malaysia, and we hope to work with them to
      improve the adoption of Free and Open Source Software in universities.

      This month bring us Eugene Teo who will be presenting Dynamic Linux
      Kernel Instrumentation with SystemTap. SystemTap allows developers and
      administrators to write and reuse simple scripts for deep examination of
      live Linux system activities. Data may be extracted, filtered, and
      summarised quickly and safely to enable diagnoses of complex performance
      or functional problems. This talk will introduce the SystemTap tool, how
      it works and the problems it addresses. Experience the SystemTap
      scripting language with several increasingly complex live demonstrations
      during the session.

      When:
      Thursday, 7th September, 7:30 PM

      Where:
      Open University Malaysia
      Jalan Tun Ismail, 50480
      Kuala Lumpur

      Located near Putra World Trade Center (PWTC)

      Need a map?
      * Official Map -
      http://oum.edu.my/portal/index.php?op=view&m=8&page=118
      * WikiMapia -
      http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=3158813&x=101691213&z=16&l=0&m=a

      15 minute walk from the PWTC LRT station!

      What:
      Meetup Agenda
      7:00pm - 7:45pm Meet each other
      7:45pm - 7:50pm Opening by the Organizer
      8:00pm - 8:45pm Dynamic Linux Kernel Instrumentation with SystemTap by
      Eugene Teo
      8:45pm - 9:30pm To be Confirmed
      9:30pm - 9:45pm Open Discussion

      Cost:
      FREE. No registration required, just come right in, have a seat, and
      join the crowd.

      Contact:
      aizat.faiz@...
      017-690-8783

      Interested in helping out the Free and Open Source Community in
      Malaysia?
      Check out http://foss.org.my/projects/meetups/howto

      If you would like to do a presentation, please contact me at the above
      email address.

      Learn more about the MyOSS Meetups at
      http://foss.org.my/projects/meetups/about .

      Thank You,
      Aizat Faiz

      This meetup is possible due to the support and facilities provided by
      Open University Malaysia.

      --
      aizat faiz: sleep to the power of z. -_-;;^zzz
      strange symphonies - http://aizatto.com/

      Malaysia Free and Open Source Group:
      * http://foss.org.my