Jims Update

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 107 , Dec 1, 2009
      Dear All. Went to St. Thomas', yesterday,Hospital Car got me there on time! To my delight met Mary, also waiting - used to see her at the Support Group meetings, I used to go to. , so had time for a few words, before being whisked away to a small room to don Hospital Gown. Also to my delight Dr Sean Whittaker walked in, to examine me. Very pleased with skin, but noted small lumps on each leg, which he said were Low Grade Skin Cancers. Gave me the option of having them taken off while I was there. So I said yes. Had the Fasting Blood Tests, so I could eat my Sandwich(small brteakfast at 6am and Appointment at 3pm) then off to the Biopsy room, where they were cut and scraped ? Curettage, by a nice young Lady Doctor. under Local. Afterwards she used an electric apparatus to stop bleeding. No pain at all. She asked if I had had PUVA as that was probably the cause.Anyway, was home before 7pm. I will leave the pressure dressings on, until I go to the Hospice, tomorrow, when Liz, the nurse can change the dressings, now 2 on each leg.I have also had a smaller lump, on my forehead, which actually fell off, when washimg, and I apply Betnovate RD to that, and a couple of other small places. Will see Alison, the Macmillan Nurse, in a month, and Dr Whittaker, again, in three months. Any hints, on washing towels, as mine come out rather harsh.? Fairy Baby at 40' - Is it safe to use Comfort?Glad of any advice. You Ladies will be angry with me , as I have stopped doing Ironing. Best Wishes to All Jim
    • Jim
      Message 107 of 107 , Jan 31, 2012
        Peeling Contd. I have several patches on neck area, which have had a thin crust, which eventually peels, but this is not really peeling. Jim