Re: | MyBlogLog User Group | Grrr. MBL / Yahoo Switch Not Going Smoothly

  • Lisa Roberson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2007
      This is really weird.  I am showing up on your widget, John - so I guess I'm logged in, but, I'm already logged into Yahoo - so I guess that's it.  Although I can't get to MBL to find out - it won't load right now.

      So does this mean the people that do not have Yahoo accounts, will have to get one?

      Very strange

      John Pozadzides <jpozadzides@...> wrote:
      So I was forced to log in using Yahoo today. But there are problems.

      1) I've never seen MBL move so slowly. It's downright painful.
      2) The image upload function is not working when you make the change.
      I've heard this from other people as well.
      3) After allegedly successfully migrating to the Yahoo ID, I can't load
      my profile page at all. After a long time it loads to a blank page.
      Clearing cookies / cache doesn't help.

      One other little point. I realize this change may have been announced
      on the MBL blog and I missed it if so, but with something this major I
      think it should have been announced at least a week in advance by
      putting a message on everyone's profile page in a conspicuous area.

      Since people didnt know this was coming, and now it's not going well,
      there is going to be a lot of confusion and frustration.

      John

      Lisa Roberson
      www.HippieSpelunker.blogspot.com
      www.MyVeryOwnMail.com
      Personalized letters for children promoting literacy!
      And the blog...
      www.myveryownmail.com/BookwormBroadcast
    • Robyn Tippins
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2007
        Lisa and John, we actually announced it 2 weeks ago.  I'm SO sorry you guys are having issues.  I promise we are working hard to fix them.  And Lisa, I know what you mean about having so many diff accounts.

        That was one of the major reasons we decided to go to Y! logins.  We thought it would be easier for our members to have one less login to remember.

        I'll ping the engineers about your problems, but they are also on this list so they may answer you directly.  Either way, we're going to get it fixed as soon as possible and we thank you VERY much for your patience and loyalty.  Cheers!

        Robyn

        --
        Robyn Tippins

        Community Manager, MyBlogLog - Yahoo!