Reqs™ Software To Help You Capture & Prioritize Requirements Easily

  • jillian280group
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010

      As a product manager you most likely are constantly receiving feature requests from customers, sales, tech support, your executives and many other sources. Without a process and requirements software in place to capture these ideas you run the risk of missing good and important suggestions when doing your product planning.

      Reqs is simple utility that gives you a basic starter solution to easily capture requirements and then sort and prioritize them to plan out your product releases. For each requirement you can capture the following information:

      • Status (open, closed, deferred)
      • Type (feature, bug)
      • Priority (high, medium, low)
      • Requesting group/person and contact info
      • Release to assign the requirement to

      With Reqs you can also set up a web-based software form (using GoogleDocs forms or any other solution) so that customers and others can enter their suggestions directly and the results can be imported into your Reqs requirements software database. This provides a simple and effective way to get feedback on your products.

      After you have captured your requirements you can assign them to releases, sort by different criteria, find based on specific criteria (i.e. all "High Priority" or all "Open") or export to Word or Excel to use in a market requirements document or product requirements document.

      Reqs 1.0 is free. We are providing it at no charge because we find that many product managers have no solution for gathering requirements. If you like it let us know and give us suggestions. If there is enough support we will release an upgraded version with many new features.