Re: About PGP encryption

  • Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
      Eugene Paskevich <eugene@...>:

      > The problem is:
      > If I recieve a normal text in charset which was hooked in .muttrc
      > everything decodes just fine. But in case of encrypted PGP message
      > which originally was in other CP than Koi8 then it just decrypts and
      > doesn't send it to decoder of CP's.

      I can't reproduce this.

      I did "charset-hook foobar iso-8859-3" then sent myself an encrypted
      message with charset=foobar, and I can read it fine (with display
      charset utf-8).

      Edmund
    • Thomas Roessler
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
        On 2000-10-01 01:31:14 +0300, Eugene Paskevich wrote:

        > The problem is: If I recieve a normal text in charset which was
        > hooked in .muttrc everything decodes just fine. But in case of
        > encrypted PGP message which originally was in other CP than
        > Koi8 then it just decrypts and doesn't send it to decoder of
        > CP's.

        I suppose you don't talk about PGP/MIME, which is supposed to work
        nicely with this situation, but about "traditional" PGP encryption?

        In this case you have indeed a problem, since application/pgp
        doesn't have any well-defined way of passing charset information
        through. That's one of the reasons why PGP/MIME should be used.

        --
        Thomas Roessler <roessler@...>