Re: [muslim-jewish] Feb 20th's Muslim-Jewish teaching

  • David Bodrug
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      I too was greatly inspired by this event, but sadly had to leave around 3:15 as I had other commitments to attend to before leaving the mainland for Vancouver Island.  I have yet to find anything like the discourse of February 20th on West 16th in Ontario (outside of an academic context).  You are all very fortunate in Vancouver, and I can't wait to return to the west coast so I can participate further.

      David / Da'ud

      shiraz.dindar@... wrote:

      I've been meaning to write to express my gratitude for the Muslim-Jewish
      teaching that happened a week ago at the synagogue. Finally we had our
      first official event as a larger group. I expected the talk to be about
      Muslim and Jewish religious similarities, but this ended up only being a
      tangential implication of the actual topic -- the Voice of God. I was
      *truly* inspired and surprisingly enlightened by the discussion. It
      asked questions that have long perplexed me -- how did the prophets
      actually write the word of God? How the voice of God different or the
      same as personal inspiration? Who can speak with God? Not only did it
      ask these questions, but the teachers (Imaam Fode and Rabbi David)
      actually answered these questions -- without the common trappings of
      religious superiority. It was nourishing. The event surpassed my
      expectations. Thank you. I feel like I have found some real friends
      here. We shall continue to explore. Peace shall come to us and all our
      people, sooner than we might even expect.

      Shiraz

      Take a look at donorschoose.org, an excellent charitable web site for
      anyone who cares about public education!
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/O.5XsA/8WnJAA/E2hLAA/BwowlB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/