Re: [muslim-jewish] New poll for muslim-jewish

  • Hadi Izadi
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2004
      Peace all,

      I was originally compelled to write something on this list a couple of
      months back when there were attempts to censor Hadani's writings. I
      expressed my concern that any attempts to censor material should be made
      public for all to discuss. The recent bannings are several orders of
      magnitude worse than censorship of specific articles. I personally did not
      find the exchange between Hadani/Aviel/Shiraz to be EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to
      what I would deem dialogue worthy of banishment. I hope that at least some
      good will come of this incident in that any future action taken regarding
      censorship/banning is discussed openly.

      Shortly after joining the list, several incidents occurred which tried to
      silence discussion of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. A new member by the
      name of Bruce was summarily trounced for bringing up "the unholy alliance
      between Israel and the U.S.". It was at this point that I considered leaving
      the list, and it was only due to Hadani's postings that I stayed. She was
      the only one willing to discuss issues that I feel can not be ignored in any
      Muslim-Jewish peace effort. We can not ignore the fact that the conflict
      remains the biggest obstacle to peace between Muslims and Jews.

      I do not believe that this list should be devoted to the conflict, however,
      I do not think it should be ignored or censored either. If our goal is
      peace, true understanding, and friendship, then we should be able to discuss
      any topic. Attempts at censorship or avoidance of difficult issues will only
      breed mistrust. We can not be at peace with one another if we don't trust
      one another.

      Peace,
      Hadi

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 11, 2010
        muslim-jewish group:

        If you read a book with more than one story in the book,
        do you count each story as one book or
        do you count the whole book as one book.

        o I count each story as one book.
        o I count the whole book as one book.
        o Don't know.

        web site listed above.