Opportunity for Muslim teenager from Vancouver to spend 3 weeks with Palestinian and Israeli teens

  • Jeffrey Cahn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      Dear Friends in Imam Fode and other Muslim Communities in Vancouver:

      In August 2004, Vancouver will play host to Peace It Together, a unique
      program that will bring together Canadian, Israeli and Palestinian teenagers
      to find common ground through communication, creativity and wilderness
      experiences. The program will be an opportunity for young participants and
      community members to increase their awareness about the conflict, become
      empowered community leaders and collaborate toward a common goal.

      THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR ANOTHER MUSLIM TEENAGER FROM VANCOUVER TO
      PARTICIPATE! The program runs from August 5-22, and takes place in and
      around the Vancouver area. If anyone knows a teen that might be interested,
      please contact Reena Lazar at rlazar@....

      You can find out more about the program at
      http://www.creativepeacenetwork.ca

      I am hosting one of the dinners for all the participants at my home, and
      would be thrilled to see a teenager from Imam Fode's community as part of
      the program. You so generously welcomed me into your community last week at
      the retreat, and I am eager to return your hospitality.

      You can also contact me if you have any questions... But Reena
      (rlazar@...) is the one in charge!

      Respond quickly-- the Palestinians and Israelis will be arriving in a few
      days!

      Warm Regards,

      Jeff Cahn