Re: [muslim-jewish] Muslim, Jews work to save Afhan boy

  • David Granirer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      I'd be glad to donate my time to do a comedy show as a fundraiser - I could
      probably round up some of the comics I know from other faiths and cultures -
      a United Church Minister, and ex-nun, a Muslim, a korean canadian, etc
      --
      David Granirer - Psychocomic.com Presentations Inc.
      Laughter in the Workplace and Stand-Up Comedy

      > From: Lorisa Schouela <lorisa@...>
      > Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 11:34:34 -0700
      > To: Muslim Jewish <muslim-jewish@yahoogroups.com>
      > Cc: Nicole Schouela <nschouela@...>, Lillian Aberman
      > <leaha.aberman@...>, Lillian Mauer <mauer@...>, Susan
      > Schouela <susanschouela@...>, Nina Heron <snheron@...>, Prashant
      > <soulseeker@...>, Audrey Sasson <audrey.sasson@...>
      > Subject: [muslim-jewish] Muslim, Jews work to save Afhan boy
      >
      > I was deeply moved and inspired by an article I read in yesterday's Globe
      > and Mail. Javid Mirza of the Muslim Association of Hamilton met Lorne
      > Finkelstein while serving on a committee created to combat racism in
      > Hamilton, Ontario after the Sept. 11, 2001 terroritst attack.
      >
      > Now they've come together again to help bring a dying nine-year-old boy,
      > Djamshid Djan Popal, to Canada from Afghanistan. This boy has a heart
      > condition that cannot be treated in Afghanistan and is expected to die
      > within months without the proper medical attention.
      >
      > Pediatric cardiologist Herchel Rosenberg has agreed to waive his fees. The
      > hospital fees, however, are nearly $1,800 a day and it is not sure how long
      > Djamshid will require care. Pakistan airlines has offered Mr. Khan, a
      > Canadian banker and the boy's sponsor in Hamilton, a 90 per cent discount on
      > airfare. The boy and his father are scheduled to arrive in Toronto today.
      > Mr. Khan, who emigrated to Canada in 1997 and works for the Royal Bank of
      > Canada sponsored a six-month-old Pakistani girl with a similar heart
      > condition in 2002, This child, who had heart surgery in California, has
      > since recovered and is now healthy.
      >
      > The Muslim Association of Hamilton is scrambling to come up with the money
      > for hospital care. Ten thousand dollars has been raised so far but .mMany
      > thousands of dollars more are needed.
      >
      > Is there anyone out there Muslim and Jew who would like to come together in
      > raising money for this cause? I need your ideas and energy. This is a
      > wonderful opportunity for our Muslim Jewish group to unite in a common
      > endeavour to help a sick child. If you are touched by this story and want
      > to help, please respond.
      >
      > Lorisa Schouela

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Lorisa Schouela