Multifaith Calendar calls for artists' submissions

  • David Mivasair
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2007

      Happy New Year Everyone!

      I am forwarding our Call for Submissions for the 2008 Multifaith Calendar.  The calendar theme for 2008 is "The Communing Spirit".

      The Multifaith Calendar is a community project, and as such I would ask that you forward this invitation to as many people as you can.  We are in the process of collecting images for the next calendar and hope to have as many communities participate as possible.

      With great joy,

      Sukhvinder

      Sukhvinder Vinning
      Distribution Manager
      Multifaith Calendar
      Ph: (604) 730-9707
      www.multifaithcalendar.com

      Multifaith Calendar 2008 – “The Communing Spirit”

      www.multifaithcalendar.com

      ARTISTS' CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

      For 21 years, the Multifaith Calendar has honoured and celebrated the work of artists from across the globe.  The calendar is published by the Multifaith Action Society, a non-profit organization committed to building and strengthening the bridges between communities.

      An excellent educational resource, the calendar combines both beauty and substance. It identifies and explains the dates of significance for 14 traditions of faith.  The calendar also brings together art from many cultural and spiritual backgrounds in a broad array of artistic styles and mediums.  This offers the public an opportunity to enjoy art from faiths and cultures they may not normally come across in their daily lives.

      Currently, we are collecting images for our 2008 calendar.  We invite artists to submit work that would fall under the title "The Communing Spirit".  This theme is intended to invite viewers to appreciate the many ways that human beings communicate, relate and connect with themselves, with each other, with nature and with the Divine.

      As with previous editions of the Multifaith Calendar, work can be of any medium.  The interpretation of the theme will be determined by the collection, so we invite artists to submit images that elicit responses around this theme.

      Option 1:  Submit up to 5 images by low resolution to the e-mail address below.  Should your piece be chosen, we will contact you and will need a slide of the chosen image, or a CD with the highest resolution possible.

      Option 2:  Send a selection of slides (contact below for address).  These will be returned after the selection process is complete (May, 2007).

      Selected artists will be paid $200 per image ($500 for the cover image) and will receive a set of complimentary copies of the finished calendar.  Your art will also be featured on the Multifaith Calendar website with links to your own website if you wish.

      For more information regarding the calendar, please go to our website www.multifaithcalendar.com.  We look forward to hearing from you, and hope you will join us as we build a multifaith and multicultural artistic community.

      Deadline for submissions:  February 15, 2007

      Please contact:      Sabina Harpe, Managing Editor
                                     Multifaith Calendar 2008

                                      sabharpe@...