Celebrate "World Religion Day" with North Van Baha'i community on Jan 15

  • David Mivasair
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005

      Dear friends,

      Shalom to you!  I received the invitation below to a special event in January celebrating World Religion Day from the Bahá’í community of North Vancouver .  I hope to attend and am passing it along to you with their blessings.

      David

      www.interspiritualcentre.org

      November 30, 2005
      Rabbi David Mivasair
      InterSpiritual Centre

      Dear Rabbi Mivasair:

      The Baha'i community of North Vancouver District invites you and your group to attend a special event commemorating World Religion Day on
       Sunday, January 15, 2006 .

      Interfaith music and devotions, entitled "One World for Each and All", will be held at
       Mulgrave
       School ,
       2330 Cypress Lane, West Vancouver , from
       2:00 p.m. to
       5:00 p.m.

      The program consists of songs, sacred music, prayers, meditations, readings or brief reflections on the theme.

      The aim of this interfaith event is to offer a widely appealing afternoon of inspiration and fellowship, symbolizing hope for humanity, and encouraging further interfaith understanding, bonding and cooperation on the
       North Shore .

      World Religion Day was started by American Baha'is in 1950, designating the third Sunday in January  "to call attention to the harmony of spiritual principles and the oneness of the world's religions, and to emphasize that world religion is the motivating force for world unity".

      This tradition has spread to many countries, and is based on the belief that God is the ultimate source of truth behind the world's religions, and that there should be at least one day each year when religious communities publicly show their basic love, goodwill and understanding toward one another.

      If you have any questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to call us at 604-929-5577 and ask for Farima Roberts.  We look forward to working with you to help bring hope and inspiration to the world.

      Faithfully yours,

      Baha'i community of North Vancouver District