ANNOUNCEMENT: Research group "Music in Spain in the Modern Era: Composition, Reception and Performance"

  • AMS
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013
      Dear colleagues,

      We are glad to announce the new website of the Research Group 'Music in Spain in the Modern Era: Composition, Reception and Performance' ('Música en España en la Edad Moderna: composición, recepción e interpretación'), which is available in English and Spanish:

      http://www.unirioja.es/mecri/index_eng.shtml

      The group’s main research interest is the musical activity –composition, performance and reception– in Spain during the late-seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, paying particular attention to chamber music, both vocal and instrumental. We address these issues bearing in mind the various connections between Spain and the rest of Europe, and applying recent study approaches developed in the fields of the social history of music, the history of musical genres and performance studies.

      The website contains information on the different activities fostered by the group, such as research projects, scientific meetings, publications and collaborations with international research groups. Do not miss the news section on the right-hand side of the website, where you will find, among other announcements, the CFP for the forthcoming International Colloquium "Instrumental Music in the Iberian World 1760-1820" (deadline 1 march).

      We hope that you find it interesting.

      With all best wishes,

      Ana Lombardía
      Universidad de La Rioja
      Dpto. de Ciencias Humanas-Área de Música
      ana.lombardia at unirioja.es
      Research Group/ Grupo de Investigación: http://www.unirioja.es/mecri