CONF: "Music and Memory Music as Memory," Harvard-Lyrica Dialogues 2008, Harvard University
- View SourceThe Lyrica Society is pleased to announce its forthcoming Harvard-Lyrica Dialogues, 2008, themed:
Music and Memory Music as Memory
Fridays: February 15, March 14, April 18 and May 9, 2008
4 6 PM · Dudley House · Lehman Hall · Harvard Yard
Friday, February 15, 2008: Schubert, Schumann, Literary Notions, and Song: Fragment and Apostrophe in German Lieder
- Deborah Stein, New England Conservatory of Music
- Rufus Hallmark, Rutgers University
Friday, March 14, 2008: Death, Concentrated: Viktor Ullmanns "Der Kaiser von Atlantis"
- Rachel Bergman, George Mason University
- Peter Laki, Bard College
Friday, April 18, 2008: In Memoriam Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968) and Robert F. Kennedy 1925-1968)
World Première: "And Music Will Not End" Songs by Lori Laitman
- DAnna Fortunato, mezzo-soprano
Lori Laitman, piano
Friday, May 9, 2008: Revolution and Its Discontents: Bernanos, Poulenc and their "Dialogues of the Carmelites"
- Jann Pasler, University of California, San Diego
- Jeffrey Mehlman, Boston University
- Paul-André Bempéchat, Harvard University
- Mark DeVoto, Tufts University
Admission is free. For further information, please contact us at lyricasociety at aol.com, citing Dialogues in the subject line.