CFP: McGill Music Graduate Symposium, McGill Univ., Montreal, March 2008

  • AMS
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007
      McGill Music Graduate Symposium

      Schulich School of Music
      McGill University, Montreal
      March 7 to 9, 2008

      symposium at music.mcgill.ca

      http://www.music.mcgill.ca/mgss/symposium/

      McGill's annual Music Graduate Symposium was established in 1986 as a forum to foster research in all areas of music. We encourage presentations on topics from the fields of musicology, music theory, ethnomusicology, music education, composition, music technology, sound recording, music cognition, and performance (in the form of lecture-recitals).

      This year, we are proud to have Prof. Linda Hutcheon and Dr. Michael Hutcheon as our keynote speakers. They will jointly present a talk on late the styles of opera composers, particularly Benjamin Britten, tentatively titled �Benjamin Britten: Last Works, Late Style.�

      We invite all interested graduate students to submit abstracts of their work electronically. The deadline for submission is Friday, January 11, 2008. Please note the following requirements:

      1. Attach your abstract (maximum 400 words) as a Word document without personal identification.

      2. Incorporate your abstract into the body of the email along with your name, address, telephone number, and academic affiliation.

      3. In the subject field of your email, please write: "Symposium Abstract Submission."

      All abstracts will be judged anonymously. Papers should be approximately 20 minutes long, and lecture recitals may be up to 40 minutes. A 10-minute question period will follow each presentation.

      Please direct questions and submit proposals to: symposium at music.mcgill.ca and visit our website at http://www.music.mcgill.ca/mgss/symposium/ for more information.