MUSICDISH NETWORK ALERT: Just Offshore / Jon Fritz

  • musicdishnet
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 9:31 AM
      ////////////////////

      MUSICDISH NETWORK
      http://www.musicdish.net

      March 31, 2005

      # DID YOUR SITE GET PROMO?

      # LATEST ARTIST FEATURES
      * Just Offshore - Between Crystal Lake and a Tangerine Dream [NEW]
      * Jon Fritz Returns With When It's Over... [NEW]
      * 3 Kisses - Still Flying High
      * R-H Brings Variety Of Sounds Together On Black Asia Volume One
      * Grayson Wray - Building A Temple To The Rock Gods

      # LATEST BUSINESS/CAREER ARTICLES
      * What Can We Learn From Beyonce's Bottom?
      * Finding Music Distribution
      * How To Thrill The Reviewer
      * Preparing Your Release: An Overview
      * Protect Your Gear with Insurance

      # LATEST INDIE NEWS BEAT EDITION
      * March 31, 2004 Edition [NEW]
      * March 24, 2004 Edition

      # MUSICDISH NETWORK INFO

      ////////////////////

      DID YOUR SITE GET PROMO?

      ////////////////////

      The following sites were FEATURED IN MI2N NEWSLETTERS for
      publishing recent MusicDish Network articles:

      * AfricasGateway (i2n 03/16)
      * Artistopia (i2n 03/25)
      * BandUniverse.com (i2n 03/29)
      * CYBERMIDI.com (i2n 03/17)
      * Garage Radio (i2n 03/31)
      * Get It All.Net! (b2n 03/14)
      * Getmemusic (i2n 03/16)
      * Globaldust (b2n 03/18)
      * GulfCoastBands (b2n 03/14)
      * Indie Artist Radio (b2n 03/22)
      * IndieMusician.com (i2n 03/21) (b2n 03/28)
      * International Online Music (i2n 03/29)
      * Mansion On The Hill (b2n 03/18)
      * Mary4Music (i2n 03/17)
      * Midnight Special Blues Radio (b2n 03/30)
      * ngmusicnw (b2n 03/16)
      * PittRadio (i2n 03/31)
      * Radio Crystal Blue (i2n 03/23)
      * Reth Music Group (i2n 03/23)
      * Southbound Beat Magazine (b2n 03/22)
      * Spraci (b2n 03/24)
      * Stagepass Music News (b2n 03/28)
      * Technophobiac.com (i2n 03/25)
      * The Rock And Roll Report (b2n 03/30)
      * The Wave (b2n 03/24)
      * Unsigned Music Magazine (b2n 03/16)
      * WRAJ Internet Radio (i2n 03/21)

      The following sites had FULL-LENGTH ADVERTISEMENT included
      in the respective Mi2N newsletters for their continued
      support in publishing MusicDish Network content:

      * All Access Magazine (i2n 03/14)
      * Artistopia (i2n 03/25)
      * Band Universe (b2n 03/14)
      * Freedohm Entertainment (b2n 07/26) (b2n 09/20) (b2n 03/28)
      * Garage Radio (b2n 03/16)
      * Get It All! (i2n 03/17)
      * Globaldust (b2n 03/22)
      * Mary4Music (i2n 03/29)
      * ngmusicnw (b2n 03/24)
      * Payne County Line Promotions (b2n 03/18)
      * Rock The Web (i2n 03/31)
      * SongRepair (b2n 03/30)
      * StagePass News (i2n 03/21)
      * XTVWORLD | Media Junction (i2n 03/22)

      HOW TO GET YOUR SITE FEATURED

      (i) Publish MusicDish Network content from the following areas:
      * Latest Content
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/
      * Business/Career/DIY Article Archive
      http://www.musicdish.net/network/biz_download.php3
      * Eagle Rock Archive
      http://www.musicdish.net/network/eagle_download.php3
      * MusicDish Network Artist Archive
      http://www.musicdish.net/network/art_download.php3
      (ii) provide the link where content is published at
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/GetPromo.php3
      (iii) also submit your creatives at the same page
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/GetPromo.php3

      ////////////////////

      LATEST ARTIST FEATURES

      ////////////////////

      ==> You Can Retrieve The Code For These Artist Features At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      JUST OFFSHORE - BETWEEN CRYSTAL LAKE AND A TANGERINE DREAM [NEW]

      There's a new old kid in town, plugged in from Power Voltage
      Records, that updates the textbooks in the old school of
      electronic music. Just Offshore is a good candidate for
      being the archetype of personality in music. There is
      nothing original, there is only progression, evolution and
      personality; as defining as a new voice on a new cartoon
      character. Just Offshore's element turns new age into
      electronica, building on the theme of persistence in
      pleasure. We aren't meant to relax, we aren't meant to
      think, while listening, we're meant to learn a new language
      as the waves lap over us, as steady as a timer and poetic as
      modern art. The new, self-titled CD from Just Offshore is
      one that can spin on and on via repeat play without effort.

      You can preview "Just Offshore - Between Crystal Lake and a
      Tangerine Dream" here:
      http://www.musicdish.com/mag/?id=10162

      ==> You Can Retrieve The Code For The Above Artist Features At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ==

      JON FRITZ RETURNS WITH WHEN IT'S OVER... [NEW]

      Jon Fritz writes the kind of songs that are instantly
      recognizable as uniquely his own. He writes the kind of
      songs that feel vaguely familiar, yet don't sound like
      anything you've ever heard before. He writes the kind of
      songs that lodge themselves in your brain and stick around
      for a while. He writes the kind of songs that are easy for
      anyone to enjoy, no matter what their mood or musical
      preference.

      You can preview "Jon Fritz Returns With When It's Over..."
      here: http://www.musicdish.com/mag/?id=10153

      ==> You Can Retrieve The Code For The Above Artist Features At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ==

      3 KISSES - STILL FLYING HIGH

      Recently, they released their first self-produced album,
      called Wings. The album is a pleasant combination of dreamy
      pop music with catchy guitar hooks and lyrics, with songs
      about destiny and hope and overcoming great obstacles
      successfully. The title track, "Wings," begins on a
      melancholy note-literally, because the music itself is the
      melancholy part-but the lyrics themselves are a mantra of
      redemption. "Take my breath away/shoot me high into the
      sky/Wash all my fears away/you make me want to fly-you give
      me wings," sings Tish, and it sounds so honest and true that
      you can't help but be happy for the narrator in the song.

      You can preview "3 Kisses - Still Flying High"
      here: http://www.musicdish.com/mag/?id=10140

      ==> You Can Retrieve The Code For The Above Artist Features At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ==

      R-H BRINGS VARIETY OF SOUNDS TOGETHER ON BLACK ASIA VOLUME ONE

      Using an astounding variety of instrumentation, Rajesh
      Hardwani aims to show you how Thai, Japanese, and Indian
      grooves and chants sound when layered over break beat and
      drum and bass. Thanks to the performance and production
      expertise he has accumulated over the years, the album is
      more polished and accessible than his previous works, which
      is a good thing, because this is music that truly needs to
      be heard. He is presently remixing for the R.I.P. Family, a
      rap and hip-hop crew out of Jacksonville, Florida, and
      Vandal, a rap and hip-hop artist from Toronto, Canada. r-H
      also recently had his track "Tim Sum Vindaloo" featured on
      the Asian Underground compilation, Asian Beat Bazaar,
      released by Virgin Records UK.

      You can preview "R-H Brings Variety Of Sounds Together On
      Black Asia Volume One" here:
      http://www.musicdish.com/mag/?id=10141

      ==> You Can Retrieve The Code For The Above Artist Features At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ==

      GRAYSON WRAY - BUILDING A TEMPLE TO THE ROCK GODS

      Artist like Grayson Wray are rare these days. Take away the
      glitter and glitz, the overproduction and overt emphasis on
      computer-generated sounds (he does sample but with care and
      brevity) and you have simple rock 'n' roll with essence.
      This is what artisans like Wray are made of. He is solid in
      his approach, diversified in his tastes, and above all,
      sensitive to an audience that demands quality and
      originality. He has all bases covered, just as a hand weaved
      blanket or a patchwork quilt that keeps you warm on cold
      winter night.

      You can preview "Grayson Wray - Building A Temple To The
      Rock Gods" here: http://www.musicdish.com/mag/?id=10091

      ==> You Can Retrieve The Code For The Above Artist Features At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ////////////////////

      LATEST BUSINESS/CAREER ARTICLES

      ////////////////////

      ==> You Can Retrieve The Code For All These Articles At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM BEYONCE'S BOTTOM?

      Last year, after that famous incident at the Super Bowl, I
      wrote an article titled, "What Can We Learn From Janet
      Jackson's Breast?". In that article I spoke about the sexual
      history of rock performance; how the sexual emphasis started
      with Elvis and then grew and grew as each generation pushed
      the envelope further and further, until finally Ms. Jackson
      opened the envelope: baring her breast on television during
      a day time, family entertainment event! While I did not take
      a position on the morality of her display, I did question
      this trend of mixing sex and music, and wondered when
      musicianship would again be admired.

      You can preview "What Can We Learn From Beyonce's Bottom?"
      here: http://musicdish.com/mag/?id=10050

      --> You Can Retrieve The Code For This Article At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ==

      FINDING MUSIC DISTRIBUTION

      It is important that you submit your CD to a distributor
      that distributes your kind of music. The person you send it
      to is not necessarily the person in charge of final
      decisions. From the time you start contacting them, it may
      take you six to eight months to get the actual product in
      their hands and get them to finally listen to it, before you
      find the right distributor. Once you finally get one, it can
      take an additional few months to get added to their
      database. Here are few words of advice on finding a
      distributor...

      You can preview "Finding Music Distribution"
      here: http://musicdish.com/mag/?id=10121

      --> You Can Retrieve The Code For This Article At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ==

      HOW TO THRILL THE REVIEWER

      You're in a band. You've gigged and learned thru blood and
      silence what works and what doesn't on stage. You've gagged
      your creative self working for the likes of Walmart and KFC,
      daring to earn enough filthy lucre to release a CD. You've
      just spent $2k on 1000 CDs with a 4 pg insert and a 1 color
      cover (all you could afford after mom's silverware went the
      way of eBay). It's shrink wrapped and bar coded to go to
      amazon.com, to sell at concerts, to gain airplay. But you
      need reviews. And you need ones good enough to quote. Here's
      how you thrill the reviewer.

      You can preview "How To Thrill The Reviewer"
      here: http://musicdish.com/mag/?id=3059

      --> You Can Retrieve The Code For This Article At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ==

      PREPARING YOUR RELEASE: AN OVERVIEW

      Let's get into some manufacturing basics. The cost of making
      CDs has gone down since the CD debuted in 1982.
      Manufacturing plants offer dozens of "package deals" to make
      it easier for artists to release their own music. In fact,
      when I ask a new client why they pressed up 1,000 copies of
      their first CD, they usually answer, "Well, I called this
      company I saw advertising in a music magazine and they had
      this great deal on pressing up 1,000 CDs." OK‹but please
      stop and ask yourself these questions before you order...

      You can preview "Preparing Your Release: An Overview"
      here: http://musicdish.com/mag/?id=3356

      --> You Can Retrieve The Code For This Article At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ==

      PROTECT YOUR GEAR WITH INSURANCE

      What's the best way to insure your music and sound gear? If
      you consider your gear personal property, your homeowner's
      or renter's insurance policy should protect it. Ask your
      insurance carrier to be sure. However, if you do use your
      equipment for business (and hopefully exploit the tax
      advantages of this strategy) you MUST check with your
      insurance carrier. You may need a rider to your personal
      policy or even a separate policy altogether. Go visit your
      insurance agent in person and explain your situation fully
      and accurately. Here are some of the questions you need
      clearly answered.

      You can preview "Protect Your Gear with Insurance"
      here: http://musicdish.com/mag/?id=3702

      --> You Can Retrieve The Code For This Article At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ////////////////////

      LATEST INDIE NEWS BEAT EDITION

      ////////////////////

      --> You Can Retrieve The Code For This Indie News Edition At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      INDIE NEWS BEAT - March 31, 2005 Edition [NEW]

      * Bludshot: Alternative Funk In Hip Hop Form
      * R-H Brings Variety Of Sounds Together On Black Asia Vol. 1
      * Arms Of Kismet Set To Release "Cutting Room Rug" CD
      * Angela Correa "Correatown" CD Release
      * Finespun Takes National Radio By Storm!
      * Award-Winning Reporter Sings A Different Tune
      * Artist Of The Month Flags Big Year For Allison Crowe
      * Pillow Talk: Custom Made To Awaken LA Hip Hop Scene With Upcoming Release
      * Royal Playboy Cartel Opens For Judas Priest And Robert Plant
      * Indie Managers Association Announces Re-launch of Company Web Site
      * Ampcast Lives To Broadcast Birthday Party
      * U.S. Indie Band & Film Expo

      INDIE NEWS BEAT - March 24, 2005 Edition

      * Psychoanarchitecture CD By Pleqq
      * Ms. Cherry Brings The Noise And The Krunk
      * Jury Rejects Anti-Trust Allegations Against Clear Channel
      * Darkwave/trip Pop Duo Hungry Lucy Spring US Tour
      * Ella Blame's Music In Feature Film "Discover Me"
      * RRadio Network - Online Radio Listener Survey Results
      * Virtual Music Announces The Arrival Of The MDP
      * Record Labels Discover Cure For Singles Sales Slump
      * RavenWestGuitar.com Launches New RWG Guitar Line
      * GINA/LAWIM Singer/Songwriter Contest For The Missing
      * 2005 Temecula Valley International Film & Music
      Festival Call for Entries

      --> You Can Retrieve The Code For This Indie News Edition At
      http://www.musicdish.net/net/

      ////////////////////

      CONTENT EXPRESS INFO

      * Feedback
      We are always looking for your input on ways to improve the
      Content Express service. Just email us your comments to
      mailto:editor@...

      MUSICDISH NETWORK
      MusicDish Network - http://www.musicdish.net
      Latest Contest - http://www.musicdish.net/net/