SO MUCH NEWS FROM NEW LINE...

  • newchaz64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2001
      NEWS FROM NEW LINE...
      =====================

      Happy Holidays to everyone! If you haven't finished your Christmas shopping
      yet, don't forget -- for the cast album collector who has everything, New
      Line's original St. Louis cast album of the hit revue "Out on Broadway" is on
      CD and has just gone into its second pressing -- with great songs from shows
      like Phantom of the Opera, Les Miz, Into the Woods, Merrily We Roll Along,
      Falsettos, Dreamgirls, and more... Go to www.newlinetheatre.com/OOBCD.html

      And get that tax deduction in before the end of the year! You can now CHARGE
      your donation to New Line online through the secure PayPal site. That's right
      -- New Line has gone even more high tech and can now accept tax-deductible
      donations using your Visa or MasterCard. It costs you nothing (well, except
      the contribution)! Go to www.newlinetheatre.com/contribute.html

      We've cast "A New Brain," which will run in March at the ArtLoft, and it's
      one of the strongest, most talented casts we've ever had, including lots of
      New Line veterans -- it's like a New Line All-Stars! You can read more about
      "A New Brain," check out some cool links, buy the cast album, or buy tickets
      to our show -- all at www.newlinetheatre.com/brainpage.html

      And yes, "Chicago" is coming up in June -- read all about that at
      www.newlinetheatre.com/chicagopage.html or find out about auditions for
      "Chicago" at www.newlinetheatre.com/auditions.html -- while you're there,
      check out our audition tips, and info about the Fosse dance class being
      offered by Leaping Lizards to prepare you for the "Chicago" auditions...

      New Line artistic director Scott Miller's third musical theatre book, "Rebels
      with Applause" has been published and is in bookstores now -- both online and
      in the real world. Miller's latest opus includes chapters on The Cradle Will
      Rock, Pal Joey, Oklahoma!, Anyone Can Whistle, Jacques Brel, Hair, The Ballad
      of Little Mikey, Songs for a New World, Floyd Collins, and Rent. Get it for
      your favorite musical lover for Christmas. Find out more at
      www.newlinetheatre.com/book.html

      And speaking of books, New Line has put together a new book commemorating its
      first ten years, called "You Could Drive a Person Crazy: Chronicle of an
      American Theatre Company," which will be published in spring 2002. The book
      will include a narrative history of New Line, along with cast, staff, and
      band lists, director's notes, press quotes, and anecdotes from New Line
      actors, directors, critics, audience members, and others. We'll keep you
      posted...

      And while you're surfing, check out some of the amazing shows we're
      considering for next season (and even after that) at
      www.newlinetheatre.com/future.html or take a look at our tribute to New
      Line's two HAIR productions at www.newlinetheatre.com/hair-page.html

      And if you want to know what's going on elsewhere in St. Louis -- our St.
      Louis Sites page has links to every company in town with a website, as well
      as info on the various local radio and cable shows about theatre. Everything
      you ever wanted to know about St. Louis theatre but were afraid to ask! Go to
      www.newlinetheatre.com/stlouissites.html

      For those of you working on final papers, check out our annotated musical
      theatre bibliography, listing every worthwhile book about musical theatre in
      print (and a few out of print but worth searching for), along with notes on
      the books and links to buy them, all at
      www.newlinetheatre.com/bibliography.html

      And believe it or not, there's even more on our site than we've mentioned
      here, so next time you're bored, just take a tour around New Line's full
      service website (www.newlinetheatre.com) and then let us know what you think,
      what you'd like to have on the site, etc.

      Until then, Happy Holidays from everyone at New Line.

      If you'd like to be taken off this list, just hit Reply and let us know.