[MURG] Neural Interface Jobs

  • eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 1999
      From: Steve Potter <spotter@...>

      Dear Connectionists,

      This is a follow-up to a post I made to the list circa 1991, when I was a
      grad student and had decided to study learning in cultured neural networks.
      I asked the list who was working on such things and got a number of helpful
      replies. Several led me to Caltech, where I have spent the last 5 years
      working with Scott Fraser and Jerry Pine, building gadgets and learning
      techniques to make my dream possible. I am now recruiting a post-doc and a
      computer software/hardware person to help me out on this project. Please
      spread the word!

      -Steve Potter
      spotter@...

      ___________Please Distribute to Interested Parties_________________

      I have two positions available immediately for:

      1. Neural Interface Programmer
      2. Postdoc in Neural Coding

      See the hypertext version of this announcement at:
      http://www.caltech.edu/~pinelab/jobs.html

      New Neuroscience Technology for Studying Learning in Vitro:

      Multi-electrode and Imaging Analysis of Cultured Networks

      I received a 4-year RO1 grant (1 RO1 NS38628-01) from the National
      Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke at the National Institutes
      of Health.
      We are developing a two-way link between a network of cultured neurons and
      a computer, capable of stimulating and recording brain cell activity
      continuously for weeks. We are interested in observing the process of
      self-organization in the cultured neural network, using multi-electrode
      arrays, optical recording using voltage-sensitive dyes, and 2-photon
      laser-scanning microscopy. We are carrying out this cutting-edge
      interdisciplinary project within the labs of Prof. Jerry Pine and Prof.
      Scott Fraser.
      Pine lab: http://www.caltech.edu/~pinelab/pinelab.html
      Fraser lab: http://www.its.caltech.edu/~fraslab/

      More details about the jobs can be found at the web address at the top.

      Please send or email me your resume or CV:

      Steve M. Potter, PhD
      Principal Investigator
      Senior Research Fellow
      spotter@...