[MURG] Modeling the Brain (fwd)

  • Randal Koene
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:33:28 -0400
      From: tkelley@...
      To: COGPSY@...
      Subject: Modeling the Brain

      Hello,

      We have a unique opportunity here at the Army Research Laboratory to begin a
      program which will model
      the dynamics and interactions of the human brain on our high speed computers.
      We have spent a large amount of
      money over the past few years on super computers and we now have some of the
      best computer facilities
      in the world. In order to utilize these computing resources to their full
      capabilities, we are looking for
      researchers who have proposals or ideas for modeling the interactions of the
      human brain on a high speed
      computer.

      This is program is free to researchers interested in this area. We are
      basically advertising our facilities to any
      researcher who is interested in this area. We are generally looking for
      academic participation (i.e. no contractors
      at this time).

      Please feel free to foward this e-mail to any researchers who you think might
      be interested in this area.

      If you are at all interested in using our super computers for brain modeling
      please contact me. At this point
      all you need to say is that you are interested, no proposals are needed at this
      time.

      Thanks,

      Troy Kelley
      410-278-5859
    • Dhrubajyoti Banerjee
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
        Sir,
            I am a fresh grad. in Comp. Science and have just joined this mailing list. I came to know of it when I contacted Joe S. I have got some experience in Java programming and I tinker around with other languages(C,C++). I am hooked onto mind uploading and want to learn more and help(if it's possible) in some way. Do I have to know some particular stuff ?
        Please guide me.
                                                                     yours,
                                                                            with regards,
                                                                                             Dhrub
[...]