good news

  • Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      I just got word from a friend of mine who's in the last throes
      of his Ph.D. at local Max Planck that one of the guys in his group
      is an active user of a free software (for Linux) which is used
      to create 3d reconstructions of some critter (D. discoideum, I believe),
      and that it only needs few manual touches, when it bungles the
      segmentation. So it would seem to save a large amount of footwork.

      While I have a day job that keeps me on the heels, I'll try to
      take a day or two off, and ask the guy to show me what it can
      do, and whether we can use it for our purposes.