citation for 100 billion neurons in the brain

  • Bruce S. O. Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi all,
      For those interested, I've finally found a citation for the number of
      neurons in the brain, entirely by changes whilst thumbing a copy of
      "Biological Psychology" by James W. Kalat.
      The wildly quoted value apparently comes from this reference.

      R.W. Williams & K. Herrup (1988)
      "The control of neuron number".
      Annual Review of Neuroscience, 11, 423-453. (2)

      www.cybernetics.demon.co.uk\BrainStat.html will be updated accordingly.

      I would appreciate further information from anyone with immediate access
      to this paper.
      Regards,
      Bruce A.