Re: [MURG] Post-doctoral position available

  • Robin Hanson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 8:11 AM
      At 09:16 AM 6/27/2000 -0400, you wrote:
      >Please post and circulate as you see fit. Many thanks!
      >
      > NEUROSCIENCE POST-DOCTORAL POSITION AVAILABLE
      > George Mason University
      >
      >A post-doctoral position is available beginning in September to work on a
      >project funded by the National Science Foundation. The goal of the project
      >is to completely characterize the differences between Hermissenda type A and
      >type B photoreceptors by measuring the light-induced currents and developing
      >computational models. ...
      >The post-doc will join the multidisciplinary Invertebrate Neurobiology
      >Laboratory at the Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study, ...

      If someone interested in uploading gets this job, come visit me.
      My office at GMU is in Carow, just across the small parking lot from Krasnow.

      Robin Hanson rhanson@... http://hanson.gmu.edu
      Asst. Prof. Economics, George Mason University
      MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030
      703-993-2326 FAX: 703-993-2323
    • Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19 2:38 PM
        From: Pawel Kudela <pkudela@...>

        POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS

        Opportunities are available immediately for two postdoctoral fellows
        in the NIH funded Epilepsy Research Laboratory in the Department of
        Neurology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Ongoing
        projects include:

        1) Neural network models of excitation, burst generation, and
        neocortical epilepsy

        2) Signal analysis of intracranial recordings of seizures from
        patients undergoing presurgical evaluations.

        Requirements include Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, computer
        science, physics, computational neuroscience, or equivalent with
        proficiency in computer programming. Salary commensurate with
        experience. Laboratory website http://erl.neuro.jhmi.edu/. Provide a
        current CV and two references to:

        P.J. Franaszczuk, Ph.D. (pfranasz@...)
        or
        G. K. Bergey, M.D. (gbergey@...)

        Department of Neurology
        Meyer 2-147
        Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
        600 North Wolfe Street
        Baltimore
        Maryland 21287

        Johns Hopkins is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.