spinal compression

  • linda
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006
      HI has anyone had success or recovered from a spinal
      compression as a result of the MM

      thanks linda

      (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)
    • Brenda Stima
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006
        Hi Linda,

        When I was diagnosed with MM, I had 4 compression fractures in my spine. I had Kyphoplasty (cementing of the verterbrae) done last April to 3 of them. It was very successful, with the esception of T7 because of the severity and the location of T7, it was very difficult for the Dr to see with the scope because of the natural curve of the spine. Unfortunately T7 was my worst fracture so I do have back pain. They have just found a new one at T10 and we will be doing another surgery after the holidays. Hope this helps you out.
        Brenda

        linda <linda26_us@...> wrote:

        HI has anyone had success or recovered from a spinal
        compression as a result of the MM

        thanks linda

        (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)

      • Theresa Siler
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006
          Hi Linda,

          My Dad had one in his lower back. I believe it was the L-3. Like Brenda, kytoplasty was performed on his. The only problem he does have reoccuring is it affecting his sciatic nerve which gives him some pain. I think the kytoplasty was done in July (trying to remember) and he had his first SCT in August. He's due to have a BMB on the 14th and his second SCT the 20th. With the exception of the sciatic nerve, which will be addressed after this next transplant, he's had no problems with pain in his back anymore.
          Wishing you luck!
          Theresa