newbie intro :o)

  • Cheryl
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2004
      Hi!
      I am new to the gropu as of today, so I thought I would introduce myself.
      My name is Cheryl and I am a 42 year old SAHM and non practicing nurse of 2
      kids-well 0ne kid and one teenager. Laura will be 14 in November and Daniel
      will be 9 in October. I am happily married to Tim for almost 15 years now,
      and we are a homeschooling family. We all live with a small zoo in Northeast
      Florida. Our small zoo consists of a miserable old dachshund male (but my
      baby), goofy German Shepherd(GSD) male and an even goofier German Shepherd
      female (puppy), two fat lazy White's tree frogs (aka dumpies or smiling tree
      frogs),5 aquatic turtles and a HUGE white and lilac banded longhaired
      red-eyed Syrian hamster (isf he grows anymore, we'll need a leash!). I have
      several hobbies and interests, some of which include church activities,
      crocheting,genealogy,reading true crime and some biographies, pen palling,
      and on and on and on (kinda like the Energizer Bunny). I love anything with
      German Shepherd, dachshunds, frogs, turtles, wolves, penguins, Diddl,
      Pillepop, Windel Winni, Badtz Maru, Keroppi, Snoopy, Eeyore, San-X and
      similar, some Sanrio, anything at all remotely vintage or vintage looking as
      well as anything retro/repro (esp of the 30's, 50's and 60's), the beach,
      the NE Tennessee mountains, oh I could go on forever!! As far as penpals, I
      prefer women between the ages of say, mid 20's on up. I don't mind to write
      to younger, if you don't mind to write to someone who is old enough to be
      your mom ;o) , but please no one under 18. If you are under 18, you might be
      more interested in writing to my daughter, who is always looking for penpals
      we are a Christian family, but it is not my place to be preachy and
      judgemental , so don't let that deter you-I just thought I would be up front
      with everyone I can also write the first letter, which is usually my
      preprinted intro and a short handwritten note. That is the only form letter
      I ever send. I tend to write long letters, averaging between 6-10
      handwritten 6x9" pages. I also reply to each letter individually as I read
      each and everyone. While I do not care if my penpals type or handwrite their
      letters to me, I do not like form letters. You know the kind- they start out
      as "Dear friend", and are very general letters, as if the person wrote one
      letter then made copies to send to each person. I never really saw the
      sendse in having penpals if that is the kind of letter you send. I am sorry
      if I stepped on anyone's toes but that is a major pet peeve of mine and one
      big reason why I stopped penpalling for several months recently. I am a
      light to moderate swapper. now I gues I've said enough, so I will close here
      for now. I hope I did not scare anyone away and will find lots of new
      friends here!
      Hugs,
      Cheryl
      PS NO Ghana mail or anyone looking for money, a romantic relationship or emailing me, sight unseen telling me you love me etc....No cons or sex offenders.