my passion for lost art of letter writing ( snail mail)

  • tamaras_snails@lalw.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      The truth about pen pals. I know for me pen pals are the heart and soul of whom I am as an individual. The life jacket that keeps us afloat in many ways. People whom don't have pen pals can never understand the pure spirit that is involved in the connection from paper to pen. The spirit of a person comes through the ink to the paper pages of the letters. Whether they are typed or hand written, the person's true spirit can be felt with every word that is written.

      For me I don't have many close friends because I find that most people don't understand who I am as an individual. They see the person, but not the spirit that is connected that only comes from the embedded soul. So often, you get this feeling when you first meet someone that they will be an important person in your life you don't know why you just have this feeling deep inside when you meet them, than as you get to know them you understand that you r connecting to their spirit and seeing their soul. I feel that it like when you get a letter from a new pal, the words connect with you, then you are connecting with them from the words from their soul. It is almost as if you have known them forever. It is the most amazing connection that you have ever felt. It is like you have found that missing piece to a puzzle that you have been searching for.

      Once you have experienced the wonderful world of snails (that is what I call my pen people) there is nothing like it. When I met my soul mate John I thought I didn't need my snails any longer. I began to get stressed out. It was when I found some letters and read them that I realized that what I needed was my snails. I needed to be able to escape from the stress of everyday life through the power of palling. Having my partner in life was amazing but the truth about life's experiences and dealing and sharing the stresses and strains that all of life's chaos brings is sharing it with others whom come together through the land of the post or through the inky trail of life.

      I don't think that I could have dealt with all the dramatic life changes that I have encounter through the last few months with out all the amazing snailers that I have met through the inky trail. I want to say thank you to all and to all that are or have been waiting for a response from me, I have written you but have not had the funds send the letters. They will be hitting the inky trail very soon. I know some of my snails have been extremely understanding others well, I can only hope that when they do receive the letters that they will forgive me for taking so long. This week reading the lovely emails from my RAK group, seeing that the spirit of kindness that can be and is generated everyday through the inky trail. Makes me PROUD to call myself a fellow Snail.

      To all the snails out there on the inky trail, I tip my pen to you all. If this letter touches you in some way and you share the passion please feel free to snail mail me. I love finding new and interesting pen pals from the inky trail of life. Thanks for making my letter box smile and may my journey on the inky trail never, ever end. Until next time, ink meets paper in whatever form this snailer is saying live, love and laugh much because that is what makes up the inky trail of life . until we meet again on the inky trail love and light my fellow snailers . Tamara

      Tamara Stevens
      6 Commodore Ave
      Sackville, NS B4E 3B2
      Canada