Re: Snail Mail Pen Pals Wanted! Friendship Guaranteed! :-))

  • das_ein88
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2002
      Greetings. I could use another snail mail pen pal. Richard Muszynski,
      376 Back Road, Skowhegan Maine 04976 U.S.A. I don't really know if I
      am a bigot or not by your definition. But I am not by mine. I'm 60
      and have time on my hands, especially since it is in the middle of
      winter here in Maine. I live in the interior of Maine. Up in the
      mountains in a log home with my wife and pets. A big black dog that
      is quarter German Shepherd, quarter Boxer and half Labradore
      Retriever. A Vietnamese Pot Belly that weighs about a hundred and
      fifty pounds, big boy. My Cat, Phoenix, that I brought with me when
      I came out of the wilderness of upper Michigan and moved here. And a
      parrot named Winston that has a scream that would set your hair on
      end. The parrot is a better watch dog then either the dog or the pig
      seems to be capable of. Is a safe area here in Maine. Our doors are
      never locked, no need. From what I read the crime rate in your
      country is rising. Too bad. I have lived in areas that had high
      crimerates and did not care for it. I used to read an average of a
      book a day if it was a novel. Would take longer with text type books
      of course. Now with the computer I have slowed down on the reading.
      Just do about a novel a week. And of course write on my own on the
      computer, but that doesn't count as reading. Enough of my rattling
      on here. Write your address to my e-mail if you would care to
      correspond, If not. Then thank you for your time and have a nice
      life. Rich. --- In multinationpenpals@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon"
      <sa_apsara@y...> wrote:
      > G'day World
      >
      > I am an Australian woman (43) seeking MALE AND FEMALE snail mail
      pen
      > pals for friendship. If you would like to count a pen pal in your
      > circle that enjoys life to the max, can and does speak on and is
      > knowledgeable about many subjects and is in some respects a cut
      above
      > the ordinary.
      >
      > I ask for and seek genuine friendship with those who care enough
      > about that..and who also care about not fanning the flames of hate
      > and bigotry which seems to be prevasive in these rather tense and
      > troubling times...who can share or at least be on nodding terms
      with
      > different points of view....Understanding, acceptance is a key
      factor
      > to a good friendship. Though it must be said that acceptance and
      > understanding comes with its limits: bigots, racists, nationalistic
      > myopic flag wavers and their ilk need not write...time is too
      > precious to waste on arrant stupidity well intended though ill-
      > informed as it maybe.
      >
      > At this point in time, I would really like to correspond via snail
      > mail (postal mail) as I find the fine and beautiful art of letter
      > writing well nigh dead with the modern age of instantaneous
      > communique. Abit like an unsatisfying 'quickie'..(laughing here).
      If
      > you wish to write to me, please email me first for my address..
      >
      > About "me"?
      >
      > I am a mother to two grown children and grandmother to two little
      > boys. I work full time as an executive with government and I have a
      > couple of degrees and trying to find the time to finish my
      > Criminology degree.
      >
      > Books and reading are huge with me. I read on history particularly
      > English history from 300AD to 1603AD, European medieval, ancient
      and
      > pre-history, and SE Asian history, philosophy, travel,
      archaeology,
      > law, criminology, forensic science, poetry, politics. I can
      converse
      > on current events, global issues and some modern history
      particularly
      > the Vietnam War (also reading about the experiences there ie:
      > wonderful writers like Caputo, O'Brien and also Vietnamese
      writers).
      > I dig philosophy, comparative sociology, Thervadan Buddhism,
      general
      > science, travel literature (Bryson, Cahill, Thoreaux etc), some sci-
      > fi/fantasy novels (Bova, Eddings, Goodkind etc). I also enjoy the
      > classics and I am a huge fan of Shakespeare, Dumas, Joseph Conrad
      and
      > TE Lawrence. So as you can gather, reading is fairly HUGE with me.I
      > really don't know how one could live without it! I live and learn
      > everyday...
      >
      > Music....my music collection rivals my love of reading and books
      and
      > is as eclectic as is my life in general... practically everything
      > from lounge to grundge, classical to blues.
      >
      > I adore travel throughout South East Asia and I have visited Burma
      > (Myanmar), Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and a few
      > other places.I like backpacking and walking. I like riding my
      > mountain bike. I like Jags (XJS), Harley Davidsons (FXST),
      piercings
      > and body art (tats). I collect antiques and curios from my
      travels.
      > I love the sea. I love to be in on or near it as much as possible.
      > swim like a fish and can surf. I love my beautiful garden that is
      > designed to be a haven away from the rat-race. It has two water
      > features that are conducive to a peaceful atmosphere.
      >
      > I would love to hear from all countries listed here: Afghanistan,
      > Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua, Argentina, Armenia,
      > Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh,
      > Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, BHUTAN, Bolivia, Bosnia
      > and Herzegovina, Botswana Brazil Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria,Burkina
      > Faso BURMA (MYANMAR) Burundi
      > CAMBODIA, Cameroon, CANADA, Cape Verde, Central African Republic
      Chad
      > Chile China Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, Democratic Republic of
      the
      > Costa Rica Côte d'Ivoire Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic
      Denmark,
      > Djibouti, Dominica Dominican Republic EAST TIMOR, Ecuador, Egypt El
      > Salvador, England (U.K.),Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia
      Ethiopia
      > Fiji ,Finland, France Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Great
      > Britain (U.K.) Greece Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana
      > Haiti Honduras HUNGARY Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland
      > Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati KOREA,
      > NORTH, Korea, South Kuwait Kyrgyzstan LAOS Latvia Lebanon Lesotho
      > Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macedonia
      > Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands
      > Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco MONGOLIA
      > Morocco Mozambique MYANMAR (BURMA) Namibia Nauru Nepal (MUSTANG)
      The
      > Netherlands New Zealand, Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Northern Ireland
      > (U.K.) Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay
      > Peru The Philippines Poland Portugal Qatar
      > Romania Russia Rwanda REUNION St. Kitts and Nevis St. Lucia St.
      > Vincent and The Grenadines Samoa San Marino São Tomé and Príncipe
      > Saudi Arabia Scotland (U.K.) Senegal Serbia and Montenegro
      SEYCHELLES
      > Sierra Leone, SIKKIM, Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands
      > Somalia South Africa Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Swaziland
      Sweden
      > Switzerland Syria Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania THAILAND Togo Tonga,
      > Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Tuvalu, TIBET
      (China)
      > Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom (All) United
      > States Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City (Holy See)
      > Venezuela, VIETNAM W Wales (U.K.) Western Sahara* Yemen Yugoslavia
      > Zaire Zambia Zimbabwe
      >
      > PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM ONLY ACCEPTING THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE
      INTERESTED
      > IN A SNAIL MAIL (POSTAL MAIL) FRIENDSHIP. PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR MY
      > ADDRESS AND INDICATE IN YOUR EMAIL THAT YOU ARE AFTER SNAIL MAIL
      PEN