Poor

  • bushkin1_uk
    Message 1 of 648 , Feb 26, 2001
      I got sent this from a friend. Apparently it's
      true. Thought I'd share it.<br><br>One day,a father of
      a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the
      country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor
      people can be. They spent a couple of days & nights on
      the farm of what would be considered a very poor
      family. On their return from the trip the father asked
      his son, "How was the trip?" "It was great, Dad" "Did
      you see how poor people can be?" the father asked.
      "Oh yeah," said the son. "So what did you learn from
      the trip?" asked the father. The son answered, "I saw
      that we have one dog & they have four. We have a pool
      that reaches to the middle of our garden & they have a
      creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our
      garden & they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches
      to the front yard & they have the whole horizon. We
      have servants who serve us, but they serve others.We
      buy our food, but they grow theirs.We have walls
      around our property to protect us & they have friends to
      protect them." With this the father was speechless. His
      son added, "Thanks Dad, for showing me what it is
      like to be poor."<br><br>Makes you think?! Have a good
      day.<br><br>love ailsa
    • mazamavikings
      Message 648 of 648 , Mar 4, 2002
        hello everyone, <br>my name is Lane and i am 17
        years old.i have blond hair blue eyes and i am 5'1"
        tall. i live in oregon. i love meeting new people over
        the internet. especially friendly people. i love
        sports all kinds. If anyone is interested in talking to
        me my e-mail address that you can contact me at is
        mazama66@... or you can message me at mazamavikings@...
        on yahoo messenger. my AIM name is mazamachick if
        anyone would like to talk to me on there. <br>i hope to
        hear from some of you in a while. talk to you all
        later<br><br>Lane