Happy Easter and latest news of job

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 8:40 AM
      Hi All

      Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter.  Enjoy your time with your family and friends.

      I got fantastic news.  I am  still employed.  Also, I got a raise of $2,000.00 more per year!!

      Unfortunately, a lot of my co-workers were released from their employment so it was a terrible day for me on Thursday.  They laid off 9 fellow employees.  So many years of service as well as talent.

      I was happy for myself but sad for them.  some of them are able to retire while others will need to start looking for another job.  I hope that it works out for them.  They are paying for them to attend placement centers as well as paying for their resumes to be done professionally as well as counseling if they need it.  I know that I went through some emotions that day as well as still going through some emotions today.  I am sad, depressed as well as happy for myself.

      It is not the same at work.  There are only 4 of us there now.  You just never know with management.

      This year in my garden I plan on growing tomatoes, onions, green beans, squash, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, beets and radishes.

      Today for dinner we are having baked ham, mashed potatoes, candied gravy, fresh asparagus and dinner rolls and yellow cake for dessert with vanilla ice cream.

      HOpe everyone enjoys their day.  Pat and I will be married 20 years on Wednesday.  I was scheduled to be on vacation this week but will be working monday, tuesday and wednesday.  We are working overtime to make sure all of the work gets done.  Extra money will help us out.

      we may take a ride away just for the day on Friday.

      Take care