Re: recent news

  • dakota_raine1
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 23, 2007
      Oh Susie,
      I know I dont know you yet, but I am truly sorry for what your family
      is going through right now.
      You will be in my thoughts and prayers..
      I wish you the best.

      Kathy

      --- In multinationpenpals@yahoogroups.com, sue mccormick
      <susysnowflake2000@...> wrote:

      > hi all
      >

      > Please pray for my sister Mary Ann who is 49 years old and has
      been diagnosed with breast cancer.

      > Our son Patrick will enter 5th grade in September.
      >
      > sue

    • ogundina oluwatosin
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 11, 2007
        may the good lord protect sis that she may get well of her breast cancer in Jesus Christ name amen.

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 23, 2007
          hi all

          my brother came home from the hospital on Friday. He is doing well.

          My sister is still waiting for her MRI results.

          Patrick has his open house at school on Monday and we will get to meet his teacher.

          He has decided to take up the instrument the saxaphone this year.

          take care

          Message 4 of 14 , May 19, 2008
            hi all,

            sorry for my late response.

            I have been busy getting my garden in order. On Sunday, I planted 7 tomato plants and will be planting squash, cucumbers, green beans and carrots this week.

            I am reading a book called "Twice Kissed" by Lisa Jackson. It is a thriller about twin girls and murder involved. It is very good.'

            We had steak for dinner on Sunday with a tossed salad and we tried the Wishbone Bountiful dressing. It is ok. I like Italian Dressing already but prefer the regular Italian dressing.

            Today, I went back to work after having Friday off from work. On Friday, I went to my son Patrick's school where they celebrated Arbor Day by of course planting a tree! They had a d j and all of us had a good time.

            Patrick's last day of school is on Wednesday June 25, 2008. He has his moving up ceremonies on Monday June 23, 2008. He will enter 6th grade in September 2008.

            I planted fuscha petunas and pink and fuschia impatients.

            I hope everyone else is well.

            Talk to you soon.

            Sue

            var callCount = 0; function rmvScroll( msg ) { if ( ++callCount > 10 ) { msg.style.visibility = "visible"; } if ( callCount msg.clientHeight ) { newHeight = msg.scrollHeight + delta; } delta = msg.offsetWidth - msg.clientWidth; delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 ); if ( msg.scrollWidth > msg.clientWidth ) { newWidth = msg.scrollWidth + delta; } msg.style.overflow = "visible"; msg.style.visibility = "visible"; if ( newWidth > 0 || newHeight > 0 ) { var ssxyzzy = document.getElementById( "ssxyzzy" ); var cssAttribs = ['#' + msg.id + '{']; if ( newWidth > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( 'width:' + newWidth + 'px;' ); if ( newHeight > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( ' height:' + newHeight + 'px;' ); cssAttribs.push( '}' ); try { ssxyzzy.sheet.deleteRule( 0 ); ssxyzzy.sheet.insertRule( cssAttribs.join(""), 0 ); } catch( e ){} } } function imgsDone( msg ) // for Firefox, we need to scan for images that haven't set their width yet { var imgList =
            msg.getElementsByTagName( "IMG" ); var len = ((imgList == null)? 0 : imgList.length); for ( var i = 0; i

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 14, 2008
              Hi all,

              Hope everyone is well.

              Here is my recent information:

              Pat and I are doing well. patrick had his science fair project on thursday and his group of 3 guessed what was in the box.  It was a fireball that was blocked by three small groups.

              There were 5 groups of 4 children and his group was the only one who guessed it correctly.  Boy was a proud!  He also got the opportunity to speak in front of all of the class including the parents.  He did a wonderful job.

              I am reading a  book called the Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman.  It is about a lake in the Adirondack Mountains where several girls were killed by drowing and now 30 years later, the girls are once again drowning.  They are being murdered.

              So far, it is very good.

              My garden is doing well so far.  I have lots of flowers on my tomato plants and several small green tomatoes.  I also have put in squash, cucumbers, peas, corn and green beans.  Everything is coming along good so far.

              We had a bad thunderstorm today with heavy rains but nothing so devastating as the flooding in Iowa and Indiana including other states.  my heart and prayers go out to those involved.

              Patrick will be out of school in several weeks and my husband takes care of him during the summer months.  He is a full time school bus driver and options not to work during the summer so that we don't have to pay for daycare.  It is a good savings for us.

              In a few more years, we won't have to worry about the cost of daycare as Patrick will be 11 years old in July and in several more years, he will be a teenager.  He will still need adult supervision during the summer months but not during the school year as it will be only 1/2 hour in the afternoon before I get home.

              Work is about the same although there are rumors going around that something big is coming down in July!  I just hope that it is not a company downsize as I was involved in one of those about 13 years ago.  You never know with insurance companies when your job will be gone.

              Anyways, hope everyone is well.  Tomorrow is Father's Day and I wanted to wish those dads out there and those moms who have been both mother and father and wish them a very Happy day.  We are going to be taking Pat out for dinner and I bought him a craftsman baseball ht with LED lights on it that light up white and red.

              Take care.

              Sue

              hasEML = false;

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                Hi all,

                Oh Well, I go back to work tomorrow morning after having last week off.

                Anyways, my vegetable garden is doing well.  My corn (this is the first time I have tried to grow corn in my yard), is about 1 foot high so far.  I have tomatoes all over my plants and my green beans have flowers, my squash have just started their flowers and my cucumber plants are starting to climb the fence.

                I am reading a book called "The Haunted" by Heather Graham.  It is about this mansion that is supposedly haunted and this girl goes to the mansion and she can see and hear the ghosts.

                So far, itis very good.  I have only 75 pages to go.  This is got to be the best gothic I have read since many years ago.  She writes some good books . I also have the Vision, The Presence, Dead on the Dance Floor, Picture Me Dead and the Redroom including another book called "Evil Eyes".

                We went to a double graduation party today and we had sausage and pepper sandwiches, fried dough, potato salad, macaroni salad, tossed salad, ziti and baked beans including chocolate cake as well as vanilla cake.  Everything was good.  My cousin has a cart that he sells sausage and pepper sandwiches, fried dough and he donated it all as it is his niece and nephew who graduated.  His sausage, pepper and onion sandwiches are twice as bad as the ones sold at the fairs and he uses only the red peppers which are sweeter than the green ones!!

                Oh by the way, I put down the powder that I bought and it also states that it keeps away not only the chipmunks, but squirrels, rabbits (we don't have any problems with them but with my garden, you never know), woodchucks and possums.  Today when I was outside shaking the powder around their homes, there was one on the roof watching to see what I was doing and he started chattering at me.  I think that he was angry.  The one who lived beneath our garage was the one that was struck by a car out in the road.  I still shook the powder near the hole in case another chipmunk decided to live there.

                Hope everyone else is well.

                Keep Cool!!

                Take care.

                sue

                hasEML = false;

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 12, 2011
                  hi all

                  we are doing well here.  No snow as yet this week!! First time since December 26.  Maybe this will be a trend here in New York!!  Have to wait and see.  I don't think that spring will come too soon for us here.  I know that Boston and New York City will be glad to see Winter go away.

                  How is everyone doing?  I am reading a book called Ghost Moon by Heather Graham.

                  For dinner on Sunday we will probably have chicken and mashed potatoes plus a vegetable.

                  take care.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 28, 2012
                    Hi all

                    I have been busy lately with getting Patrick ready to enter 10th Grade next week.

                    My
                    vegetable garden did not do too well this year due to the extensive
                    heat we had this year.  Oh well, there is always next year.  We did get
                    some tomatoes.

                    We are going to local fair this weekend and
                    probably to a cookout on Labor Day at Pat's brother's house.  We did
                    attend a baby christening for my husband's great niece and great nephew.

                    We
                    went to HIlton Garden Inn after christening where we feasted on
                    scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, fruit, chicken with wine sauce,
                    rice pilaf, juice, coffee and tea.

                    I am on vacation this weekend - just relaxing and taking it easy.

                    Have to finish getting a few things for Patrick for school today.

                    Take care.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 20, 2012
                      Just wanted to let you know that I am back to writing my letters.  Managed to mail out a lot this week and have a few more to write this upcoming week.

                      I got behind due to my looking for the past two months for a new vehicle for me.  Now that I have purchased my car, I don't have to go out in the evenings or on the weekends - only to go grocery shopping or shopping for other things.

                      We enjoyed the Raw show that we attended on September 24.  It lasted 4 hours!!  Very entertaining.

                      We loved the comedian show - Gabriel Iglesias - he was very funny.  after the show was over, they asked one parent to come up with their children to get their picture taken with him so my husband and Patrick got their picture taken with Gabriel Iglesias.

                      We took a trip up to Tupper Lake over Columbus Day Weekend.  colors on trees were beautiful.  We took a ride to Whiteface Mountain.  At the summit, it was 30 degrees with a wind chill of -3!!  Brr!!

                      Anyways, I picked up my 2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT on October 8 . So far, I really love it!!  It handles beautiful.  Getting great gas mileage also compared to the Monte Carlo.
                      The car is Atlantis Metallic Blue.

                      Hope everyone else is doing well.

                      Take care