Re: [multimachine] Re: DVD project question

  • Lance
    Message 1 of 36 , May 1, 2009

      I have it loaded into my editing program, so I can change
      whatever you'd like.

      Think about chapter titles, picture labeling,
      zooms or other techniques to clarify or make navigation easier.

      lance
      ++++

      On Apr 30, 2009, at 9:27 PM, Pat Delany wrote:

      Hi Lance

      Could you convert it, remove the "rigmatch" page, change the music to something else and then change it back into an avi?

      Pat

      --- In multimachine@ yahoogroups. com, Lance <gbof@...> wrote:

      > Pat,
      >
      > I can edit video / audio.
      >
      > I would need to change the video format from .avi
      > to .mov or .mp4.
      >
      > lance
      > ++++
      >

      > On Apr 16, 2009, at 12:40 PM, Pat Delany wrote:
      >

      > > Does anyone know how to edit the "How to build" avi! I would like
      > > to change the "rigmatch" screen at the front and replace the music
      > > with something more appropriate.
      > >
      > > Pat

    • Roger, in Bangkok
      Message 36 of 36 , May 6, 2009
        Some comments regarding seeking permission to use others' published materials;
        1)  Their written agreement is good as gold, and it establishes your credibility and professionalism as an above board player.
        2)  Their written denial of permission does NOT prevent you from publishing an abstract of the work, as well as a certain percentage of direct quotes (with proper credits) from the contents.  It also allows you to publish the fact that you prefer to republish the entire work, but the cheap SOBs (NOT to be pin that exact context!) refused permission for you to make their most excellent works available to poor people in impoverished nations.  Given a final-chance choice between kudos or bad publicity, an author may indeed change his mind about refusing at least a limited permission to publish.
        3)  Document each and every request and repeated request.  If somebody (more likely MOST somebodies!) just chooses to ignore your requests you can at least show that you have exercised due diligence in attempting to gain permission ...

        Regards/Roger, in Bangkok

        On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 6:36 AM, aaadams@... <aaadams@...> wrote:
        Exactly.  Alternatively, if furnishing an ISO image for download (I'm assuming that someone is actually copying and mailing the DVD media to fulfill some of the requests), modify it to remove the files covered by the order.  The web site links are already there, so that would be the only change needed.  I also agree about broadcasting the material via BT.  This could include either interactive media, the printable book, or both.  Actually, there will probably be some kind of sea change in P2P exchange methods as an ultimate result of the TPB verdict - it won't disappear, but the protocols and other tech could change significantly.  One more thing to stay on top of, but not hugely labor-intensive.  And yes, it is absolutely better to have permission, but not quite so easy to prepare a good alternative in the event of a refusal. Our culture is in some ways not very accommodating of this kind of "grass roots" effort that involves a wide variety of material under a variety of lic
         enses.  Licenses are a legal thing, and the law does not typically handle lack of precedent very gracefully.  Even an author's true intent could easily be marginalized.

        D. Levine wrote:
        > That is obvious.  Since the CD/DVD is supposed to be on demand, when you
        > get the cease and desist order, do so.  Remove the files and put a
        > scanned image of the order in their place.
        >
        > You are right, however, that getting permission is the better choice
        > when possible.
        >
        > Of course, as soon as the CD/DVD is first available, put an ISO on the
        > bittorrent network.  You'd be surprised how fast things propagate to
        > non-USA locations.
        >
        > --
        > David G. LeVine
        > Nashua, NH  03060