Re: [multimachine] Re: Casting Za 27

  • Bobby Yates Emory
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
      Pat,

      I haven't found anything on casting, but I did find a tutorial on bushing materials.  Page 82 in the May 5, 2005 of Machine Design:

      http://www.machinedesign.com/ASP/viewSelectedArticle.asp?strArticleId=58401&strSite=MDSite&catId=0

      The article is pushing a concept called spinodal bronze, where the metal supplier casts the bearing material under very careful control and makes a big billet for the tool manufacturer to machine into shape.

      But, as background material for that discussion, they discuss the alloys usually used for making bushings.  Sounds like we want to try to find C93700 or C93800.

      For our targeted third world applications, these may be too expensive.  But they give us a starting point to gain experience, so that when we try to develop an inexpensive, junkyard solution, we know what to look for.

      Bobby

      On 7/18/05, Pat Delany <rigmatch@...> wrote:
      Thanks Chris
      Are there any tutorials around about simple casting like this?

      Pat

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --