Boring Head patent added

  • kwolson2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      I have added a patent for a "swing" style boring head to the "Files"
      section. The big advantage of this style is that no dovetail/gib
      cutting is required. There is actually very little precision machining
      required. Except for some knurling, it could pretty easily all be
      single-pointed.

      I had always been a bit skeptical of this style of adjustable boring
      head (they certainly don't seem to be very common), but Moore in
      "Holes, Contours and Surfaces" speaks quite highly of them; he was
      with Moore Special Tool of Moore jig borer and jig grinder fame, and
      was the father of Wayne R. Moore, who wrote "Foundations of Mechanical
      Accuracy". That's a high enough recommendation for me.

      Kevin