ALTERNATOR OUTPUT

  • Darwin Wandler
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008
      In earlier posts I made the statement that RPM is not the issue in
      voltage output. Which isolated is valid if you do not exceed the
      maximum designed power output. As long as you stay below max
      RPM can be varied and output remains constant.

      However, when you want to get maximum power out of the
      alternator at a given current or voltage you must meet the minimum
      RPM for the alternator. The web site below shows one Delco type.

      http://www.delcoremy.com/Alt24SI.aspx

      If you search for other manufacturers the average I found was around
      5500 RPM.

      If your input current is at max. you would get 100A out of a 100A alt.
      So RPM is an issue when trying to reach max power out.

      Darwin