A few words explaining my lathe spindle photos

  • george_ewen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 11:40 PM
      I turned a taper in both ends of the spindle housing to mate with a
      Browning bushing. I then made two bushings out of 660 bronse to act as
      bearings for the spindle shaft. The idea was to be able to allow for
      wear over time by being able to tighten up the split bushings when
      needed.

      As I said in the other thread it worked well on low speeds but because
      the lathe is made to turn small diameter work it was not suitable. I
      made a new spindle housing that uses sealed ball bearings so that I
      can run the lathe at higher speeds.

      George