Crossfeed vise

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      2 weeks ago I bought a HF 6" crossfeed vise with the hope that it work
      as as a lathe compound and as a mill z axis. I think it will do fine
      for these things. What it won't do well is to replace the whole
      crossfeed. It will work if this is all you can afford but it may drive
      you crazy because it is never in the right place on the table if you
      need to use the MM as both a lathe and a mill.

      Pat
    • joe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2005
        Hello,
        Just wondering if you had a chance to try out the HF crossfeed
        vise? I don't remember hearing anything about is since this
        message.

        Joe

        --- In multimachine@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Delany"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2005
          Hi Joe

          I still have to finish the 16" x 24" twin bed "Romig" crossfeed first,
          before I give it a "chatter" test. Machining is a little rough but can
          be lapped in but other than that they are OK. The best part is that
          that the top slide can be turned 180 degrees by drilling 2 new holes
          (be careful because my casting had some very hard spots in it!)

          Pat