RE: [multimachine] Cheap 5 axis CNC software?

  • shawn c
    Message 1 of 51 , Mar 31 9:05 PM

      http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/artsoft/index/index.htm

      Great software. I've been using it since its inception. She come a long way....

      To: multimachine@yahoogroups.com
      From: rigmatch@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 01:09:18 +0000
      Subject: [multimachine] Cheap 5 axis CNC software?

      Is there such a thing? One of my middle of the night ideas seems to
      require it. A brief description of my idea is a reclined MM with a
      forth servo motor that can drive the spindle and a fifth servo/stepper
      that would drive a rotary table that would be mounted on a CNC MM
      cross slide. A limited capability Versamil (files) would sit on the
      rotary table. Very complex shapes could be milled or ground.

      The reason for the "reclining" (backwards)is to eliminate the need for
      the vertical slide clamps to be tightened after a servo would raise or
      lower it.

      Is there a fundamental flaw in the output of my 72 year old brain?

      Pat

    • Lance
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 19, 2008
        Hi Group,

        All this discussion of software had me looking for 3D drawing
        software that I can use to create models of the sculpture that I make.

        The CAD tools I looked at have squares, circles and arcs, but I'd
        like a freehand
        draw that renders the shape in 3D and allows me to sculpt it, pierce
        it and
        add to it... then rotate it.
        Dimensions aren't critical, but proportion and perspective is.

        Anyone aware of software that will do this for under $50 USD ?

        Thanks

        lance
        +++++