Re: [multimachine] Re: Apology

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 12, 2007
      Did anyone see the recent set of articles that Howard Hall wrote for
      Model Engineer's Workshop? The lathe mounted vertical milling adaptor
      ones... He had a neat assembly that used an idler pulley to drive a
      vertical head from the motor on the lathe with a constant length belt.
      The idler was mounted at the top of the adaptor and as the head moved
      up and down, it would take up the slack. No splined shaft, no extra
      moving parts, just an extra long belt and one more sheave than you
      would expect. I can probably make a drawing to show how it works.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 13, 2007
        A drawing would be great!

        Thanks
        Pat