Thread follower binding solution?

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
      I uploaded a pic (thread follower 3) to Jeff's sketches 2. What do you
      think? If you are new here, you should study the other stuff in this
      folder so that you will understand the progression of ideas.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
        As usual Yahoo's new way of handling pictures is screwing things up.
        Best download it and use something else to open it.

        Pat

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
          Hello Pat
          I downloaded it My photo program and still could not read it.
           When I enlarged it it got worse than before.
           Keith

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
            I just don't understand it. This is a full size "paint" drawing that I
            saved as a .jpg. I uploaded it to "files" but can't read it there.

            Pat

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
              Hello Pat
              The problem might be how you have you computer set to handle drawings?
              I had the same thing happen to me untill I changed the setting on the photo program I am useing.
              It had a 15 kb limit on photos, I turned it off. Now I give Yahoo a fullsize drawing and let them size it. Works good now.
               Keith

              Pat Delany <rigmatch@...> wrote:
              I just don't understand it. This is a full size "paint" drawing that I
              saved as a .jpg. I uploaded it to "files" but can't read it there.

              Pat

              --- In multimachine@ yahoogroups. com, keith gutshall <drpshops@.. .> wrote:

              > Hello Pat
              > I downloaded it My photo program and still could not read it.
              > When I enlarged it it got worse than before.
              > Keith
              >
              > Pat Delany <rigmatch@.. .> wrote:
              > As usual Yahoo's new way of handling pictures is screwing
              things up.
              > Best download it and use something else to open it.
              >
              > Pat
              >
              > --- In multimachine@ yahoogroups. com, "Pat Delany" <rigmatch@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I uploaded a pic (thread follower 3) to Jeff's sketches 2. What do you
              > > think? If you are new here, you should study the other stuff in this
              > > folder so that you will understand the progression of ideas.
              > >
              > > Pat
              > >

              > Deep Run Portage
              > Back Shop
              > " The Lizard Works"
              >
              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              new Car Finder tool.

            • Charles Mitchard
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                Another thing is to check what size the paint/drawing program is set for
                ie.300x450 pixels and also the dpi (dots per inch) if possible.
                Screen resolutions are usually set at 72 dpi and this looks good on
                screen but is another ball game when printed.
                As a simple guide I would suggest a drawing size of 600x800 pixels at a
                resolution of 72 DPI if you do not want to print the image and go up to
                at least 300dpi if you want to print it. Its a trade off on image size
                in K. To bring the Kb down reduce the 600x800 sizes first as the higher
                resolution will print better then start reducing the dpi.

              • a1g2r3i
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                  did I see it in photo's?
                  dennis mac

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                    Thanks Charles and Keith!

                    I fixed the pic. It's in Jeff's sketches 2 and the name is "thread
                    follower 3". This one keeps the forces in line, just like the original
                    Scientific American article.

                    Pat